Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistols??

• 16-11-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Whats the story with licensing a Pistol nowadays? Back in the good ol days of 05 and 06 I had my own Glock and SIG...

Are 9mm's still on the menu?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

.22 pistols with magazine capacity of no more than 5 rounds.

That's it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

There's nothing to stop you applying for a license for actual Glock/Sig firearms (same serial numbers) you held a license for pre the magic date, if you could can get your hands on them that is:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

You've no hope getting anything bigger than a .22 with a 5 round magazine unless you've had the firearm since before November 2008. Even then, lots of lads who have had them since then have had to go to court to secure a licence for a firearm that they have held and used safely for a number of years.

Nobody seems to be sure either if you can change your licenced (should you be lucky enough) 9mm or whatever centrefire caliber pistol it is for another centrefire pistol should the need arise. I'm open for correction on this but I think you are stuck with that model and can't change it in the future.

It's a ridiculous situation.

They banned new applications for anything above .22 to cut down on the amount of gun crime. The thing is though, it's not the legally held guns that are used to commit the crimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Ezridax wrote: »
    .22 pistols with magazine capacity of no more than 5 rounds.
    That's it.

(Well, you can also get the single-shot .22lr free pistols, or air pistols...)

When he asked about fullbore pistols i didn't think air guns would be his cup of tea.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but the FPU actually had to be called when I applied for my air pistol because it wasn't on the Commissioner's list of .22 pistols (/facepalm), so I figure it's good to mention the whole list for anyone reading ;)

Maybe they should have Bruce Willis, and the likes doing the Hollywood shotouts with an IZH. Then the PTB would know them.

Bruce Willis?
    Oh please. Let him worry about "porcelain Glocks" :D
    For air pistols, you want a real film star :P

Frwl-poster.jpg

Or, I suppose, the leading ladies would do:

800px-Octop-pistol1.jpg

Of course, there are the bad guys...

800px-Rock01.jpg

Just don't let George Lucas near any ever again, okay?

SWNaboo.jpg

Yeeesh....

Advertisement