Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving modem on all the time..

• 16-11-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

i normally turn my eircom modem off every nite but was wondering if i showed be leaving it on all the time...wwhich is better...the reason im asking is that i have just got sky on demand which need to be connected to a modem..if i kept turning it off every nite would that mean i would have to re-enter my security password for my sky on demand to work...i neevr turn my sky+ box off cause my installer said i would miss updates if i did....so is it safe to leave my eircom modem on all the time...any advice thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I don't see any reason to turn it off. You wouldn't turn your house phone off at night would you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Routers are designed to be left powered on all the time so it not a issue

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

At the worst, plug it into a surge protector.

Advertisement