Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What router do UPC provide?

• 16-11-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

What exactly do UPC provide to new customers? Is it a modem or a router or both? And if so what type?

I'm thinking of upgrading. I currently have a 2.4GHZ WRT160Nv3 router but the signal is poor and I think a 5.4ghz router might help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

silvine wrote: »
    What exactly do UPC provide to new customers? Is it a modem or a router or both? And if so what type?

I'm thinking of upgrading. I currently have a 2.4GHZ WRT160Nv3 router but the signal is poor and I think a 5.4ghz router might help.

Well we got a Cisco EPC 3925 wireless router as 6 months ago UPC gave out a modem and router but now they just give you a Cisco router.

PS. the signal is very poor on this Cisco router as it does not have an antenna at all, doesn't reach far.

Advertisement