Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Customer Service

Options
  • 16-11-2012 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I called Eircom sales as I wanted a broadband only package, the guy on the phone told me that they where only doing that the following Monday, so the following Monday I called back to be told they dont do broadband only
    I phoned back again to check and the guy said they did broadband only so I signed up to it at 35 per month
    2 weeks later I receive my first bill for 78 euro so I rang 1901 a few times but got cut off before anyone answered. I sent them an email to say I couldnt get through on 1901 and they replied "Please call 1901 and a representative will be glad to help"
    I called them the following day and got some woman that didnt have a clue, I was asking why the bill was so much? why am I paying line rental and why was the bill 2 weeks after signing up?
    The answers where they dont do a broadband only package, so the line rental was to be paid. I told her I signed up to a broadband only package, "oh right well they usually charge line rental for the first month". I asked why the bill is so much, she told me the bill is ever 2 months (even though its a monthly contract agreement)
    I asked why wasnt the bill one month later, she answered because it comes out on a specific day for each area. I asked could I set it to come out after pay day, she said no its always been like that, so I said thats fair enough in the 1980s but this is 2012 they have computers to handle these requests, it was never a problem for NTL
    The Eircom customer service is shocking, I had to write a mail and tell them they would be better off out sourcing their call centre to India... Its shocking how no one knows what deals they offer are and they have to ask others during the call for answers. They keep putting you on mute during the call and you have to ask are they there until the unmute you. Al call centres train their staff but it seems Eircom do not do this, their customer service is shocking
    The worst thing is Vodafone do Broadband only for 30 euro :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi JR1210

Apologies for this, would you like to PM me your details and I will have a look into this for you?

Regards

Al

Advertisement