Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first time buyer - bad credit - whats best

Options
  • 16-11-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi

Just looking for a bit of advice/feedback please.

Im saving for a deposit, will take me a year between me and my partner, i dont exactly have a great credit rating but its not awful. Im just wondering, whats the best thing to do when applying for a mortgage.

We would need to show proven record of savings, is it best we have a joint account showing we are putting in a grand a month between us or should my partner with no loans ever etc just having his own account and him going for mortgage instead.

i dont want to do it jointly only to be told, im not suitable but then i know my partner wouldnt get mortgage on his own. I earn more and i have a more stable job.

id be grateful for any advice.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

DaniB wrote: »
    Hi

Just looking for a bit of advice/feedback please.

Im saving for a deposit, will take me a year between me and my partner, i dont exactly have a great credit rating but its not awful. Im just wondering, whats the best thing to do when applying for a mortgage.

We would need to show proven record of savings, is it best we have a joint account showing we are putting in a grand a month between us or should my partner with no loans ever etc just having his own account and him going for mortgage instead.

i dont want to do it jointly only to be told, im not suitable but then i know my partner wouldnt get mortgage on his own. I earn more and i have a more stable job.

id be grateful for any advice.
    thanks

What exactly are the negatives that appear on your credit check?

Advertisement