Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season One, Week 11 results

Options
  • 16-11-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Niners 21 Bears 24 OT.

Niners feel like they threw this one away after building up a 21-7 HT lead. Gore trampled all over the bears who kept their cool with some long completions when they looked like they might have to punt. Some untimely interceptions cost me, one after a drive to the red zone on the 15 in the third quarter and one in overtime. Missed a long FG to win it at the end of the fourth. Bears missed their first FG in OT and it looked like it might be a tie till I threw to a covered WR. I don't have the stats but Gore had 190 and SF had 400 odd yards total, I just have to put teams away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

madalig12 wrote: »
    Niners 21 Bears 24 OT.

Niners feel like they threw this one away after building up a 21-7 HT lead. Gore trampled all over the bears who kept their cool with some long completions when they looked like they might have to punt. Some untimely interceptions cost me, one after a drive to the red zone on the 15 in the third quarter and one in overtime. Missed a long FG to win it at the end of the fourth. Bears missed their first FG in OT and it looked like it might be a tie till I threw to a covered WR. I don't have the stats but Gore had 190 and SF had 400 odd yards total, I just have to put teams away.

You also had nine sacks i just couldn't get anything going in the first three quarters think I was really lucky to get a win out of this like you said Gore was impossible to stop he just ran through me for fun.Well played and good luck for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

You also had nine sacks i just couldn't get anything going in the first three quarters think I was really lucky to get a win out of this like you said Gore was impossible to stop he just ran through me for fun.Well played and good luck for the rest of the season

Cheers, I'm sure well have at least one more game during the next two seasons so ill be out for revenge. Just gotta cut the bad throws. Big win for you avoiding the 4-6 could have saved your season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Wow, I would not want to be Tom Brady in Foxborough tonight. Dude was getting booed out of the stadium some time after his 3rd pick. Throwing a 4th one didn't help.

Team|1|2|3|4|Final
    Colts|3|17|7|0|27
    Team Gronk|0|7|0|15|22

I think it is safe to say that my gameplan of "Throw it to Gronk" is well and truly scuppered. 2 weeks in a row now that people have manually covered him. He wasn't even my highest yardage receiver this week :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

wow some sweaty palms near the end of the Colts Patriots game there :eek:, thought the Pats were going to get me but Donald Brown over 100 yards rushing and a TD and another TD from who else but Coby Fleener got me over the line in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Falcons beat the Cardinals 47-32 or something like that? I can't remember the score exactly as I had to go and didn't have time to look at the stats. I know Matt Ryan had a decent game, as did Skelton. A pick 6 by either side kept it close until late in the game when the Falcons started to pull away. However, the Cardinals didn't go away and were able to make it a very competitive game.

Good luck with the rest of your season Cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Quarter 1:
    Praying for the ball to be kicked into the endzone so he can fair catch a touchback, the ball lands just in front of the end zone and a return is forced out of Joe Adams. He takes the ball 98 yards for a TD. Buccaneers 0-7 Panthers

After a long drive down the field, the Buccaneers are stopped on the Panthers 4 and a FG is forced. Buccaneers 3-7 Panthers

The Panthers are forced to punt.

Quarter 2:
    After another long drive down the field the Buccaneers are again stopped with a sack on 3rd and goal on the 1 yard line, this time at the 7 yard line and they kick another FG. Buccaneers 6-7 Panthers

On the next drive a bit of Jonathan Stewart, a bit of Cam Newton, and then a 57 yard catch by Steve Smith to take the Panthers to the 7. On 3rd and goal from the 7 Cam Newton tries a cheeky run and gets the TD. Buccaneers 6-14 Panthers

After some decent plays The Buccs are intercepted by Captain Munnerlyn, who runs it back for 60 yards and a TD. Buccaneers 6-21 Panthers

Another drive, another interception, this time to rookie sensation Josh Norman. He takes it to the 29, and Greg Olsen catches a slant from Cam and runs it all the way for a TD. Buccaneers 6-28 Panthers

The Buccaneers are forced to punt on the next drive, but they seem to have a spot of luck when they pick off Cam Newton with 1:30 left, but the ball is on their own 4. Trying a short pass to Hightower, the Buccaneers are intercepted by Brandon Hogan who runs it in 4 yards for a TD. Buccaneers 6-35 Panthers

Finally the Buccs get it going properly and Vincent Jackson catches a TD pass from Weber with 24 seconds left. Buccaneers 13-35 Panthers

Quarter 3:
    The Buccs are forced to punt by a Charles Johnson sack, and after some plays, a missed pass to an open Smith, and a pass caught by Smith short of a first, Justin Medlock kicks a 35 yard FG. Buccaneers 13-38 Panthers

The Buccs again punt, and the Panthers run out the 3rd quarter clock.

Quarter 4:
    Stewart gets us down to the 2 yard line with 4 minutes left, and I hand the ball to Cam Newton, seeking to halt his cold streak, and he runs it in 2 yards for the TD. Buccaneers 13-45 Panthers

Early on the Buccs drive Jon Beason intercepts the ball and runs it in 26 yards for the TD. Buccaneers 13-52 Panthers

Seeking consolation, the Buccaneers head down the field and on the final play of the game, Tim Hightower caught a 15 yard TD pass from Weber.

Stats:
    First off, favourite stat of the game. Buccaneers outgained Panthers 345-209 yards, but lost 52-20.

Passing:
    Cam Newton: 14 attempts, 8 completions, 139 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.
    Adam Weber: 38 attempts, 22 completions, 300 yards, 2 TDs and 3 INTs.
    Josh Freeman: 4 attempts, 1 completion, no TDs and 1 INT.

Rushing:
    Jonathan Stewart: 12 rushes, 51 yards.
    Cam Newton: 4 rushes, 19 yards, 2 TDs.
    Tim Hightower: 11 rushes, 40 yards.

Receiving:
    Steve Smith: 4 catches, 75 yards.
    Greg Olsen: 3 catches, 50 yards, 1 TD.
    Armanti Edwards: 1 catch, 14 yards.
    Dallas Clark: 10 catches, 178 yards.
    Tim Hightower: 8 catches, 72 yards, 1 TD.
    Mike Williams: 2 catches 20 yards.
    Vincent Jackson: 2 catches, 30 yards, 1 TD.
    Michael Jenkins: 1 catch, 26 yards.

Defense:
    Charles Johnson had 2 sacks, and Thomas Davis had 1. Norman, Beason, Munnerlyn and Hogan all had an interception, all but Norman's a pick 6.

For the Buccs Aqib Talib had an INT.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What happened to not running up the score?

adrian522 wrote: »
    What happened to not running up the score?

I didn't attempt a first/second down pass in the second half.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So we can score as much as we like as long as there are no passes on first and second down? Must have missed that in the rules.piling on the points like that when the game is already won is out of order as far as I'm concerned. No excuse for it.

adrian522 wrote: »
    So we can score as much as we like as long as there are no passes on first and second down? Must have missed that in the rules.piling on the points like that when the game is already won is out of order as far as I'm concerned. No excuse for it.
    So I should spend 10 minutes of my life deliberately playing badly?

• Advertisement

You can do whatever you want I guess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Punting/FGs

I haven't broken any rule. There's nothing in the rules about choosing to take a field goal/punt rather than actually run some plays. We have rules about fake field goals and fake punts because we wouldn't see them in the NFL (even though I counted 4 last Sunday), yet we're meant to just fall on the ball and kick FGs once we get a lead? I have never ever seen that in the NFL.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Read the new rules, I'm presuming Buccs are CPU?

Read the new rules, I'm presuming Buccs are CPU?

They're human...

matthew8 wrote: »
    They're human...

We're you chatting during the game?

We're you chatting during the game?

No... I was however organising the game on the fixture list thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

He's entitled to still play the game lads, I really don't see the issue. It's not like he was throwing hail marys to run up the score.

No... I was however organising the game on the fixture list thread.

You can't score on the thread! I've no issue with 2 guys chatting and the score being heavily in favour of one player

You can't score on the thread! I've no issue with 2 guys chatting and the score being heavily in favour of one player

Is this a wind up or something? What does a mic have to do with anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Lads, no more talk on the subject please!! Once again if you have a problem with someone pm the commish!!!

Santry will deal with this situation as I am in Matthew's division.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Is this a wind up or something? What does a mic have to do with anything?

My reaction to an 80 yard touchdown pass by a guy without a mic:
    "You ****ing lucky piece of ****! **** this game! **** Madden! This is a ****ing joke! This guy is a ****ing lucky arsehole!"

My reaction to an 80 yard touchdown pass by a guy I'm chatting to:
    "Ahh balls. Nice play man."

It makes an absolutely huge difference to the game if you are chatting with your opponent. Everything is more civil and everything is more enjoyable. If you get beat by 30 points with no chat it's got to be absolutely crap, a mic makes a huge difference.

Any other unwritten rules I need to be told about?

Matthew, what I mean is that (as Adrian says) If I'm 25 behind and someone throws a cracking pass or pulls off a good run and they take the score if mic'd up, I'd say "great play" however and it has happened (not in this league) where someone has been 30+ points ahead with a few mins left, they make a pass and take a TD and tbh it's ****ty, considering I've had lads pick off end zone ints and run it back to the 20 and then take knees.

I think I hardly had 20 passing yards in the second half, yet I'm being accused of running up the score. Simple thing is the only thing I could imagine could possibly cheese anyone off is Beason running in the pick 6, but we're trying to be a sim league here, and you never see a defender turn down a TD.

And would everyone shut up about trying to make me get a mic. I swear I've been asked a million times and I have tried it before, I can't concentrate with it on and hate using it. I don't see the point in playing a video game if I feel I can't be myself while playing it because I have a big headset on me and there's someone listening in.

Matthew I don't talk a huge amount tbh but if someone scores off a great play I come off mute to say well done, you don't need constant chat IMO just to let your opponent know you're there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Holland Icy Manager

Edit: never mind not worth it this conversation has been had

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Seriously lads, just stop talking about it. Its up to Santry at the moment. And lay off telling Matthew to get a mike. He has said it to me already that he can't wear it, lets just leave it at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

This will be dealt with in the morning lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Quarter 1:
    Praying for the ball to be kicked into the endzone so he can fair catch a touchback, the ball lands just in front of the end zone and a return is forced out of Joe Adams. He takes the ball 98 yards for a TD. Buccaneers 0-7 Panthers

After a long drive down the field, the Buccaneers are stopped on the Panthers 4 and a FG is forced. Buccaneers 3-7 Panthers

The Panthers are forced to punt.

Quarter 2:
    After another long drive down the field the Buccaneers are again stopped with a sack on 3rd and goal on the 1 yard line, this time at the 7 yard line and they kick another FG. Buccaneers 6-7 Panthers

On the next drive a bit of Jonathan Stewart, a bit of Cam Newton, and then a 57 yard catch by Steve Smith to take the Panthers to the 7. On 3rd and goal from the 7 Cam Newton tries a cheeky run and gets the TD. Buccaneers 6-14 Panthers

After some decent plays The Buccs are intercepted by Captain Munnerlyn, who runs it back for 60 yards and a TD. Buccaneers 6-21 Panthers

Another drive, another interception, this time to rookie sensation Josh Norman. He takes it to the 29, and Greg Olsen catches a slant from Cam and runs it all the way for a TD. Buccaneers 6-28 Panthers

The Buccaneers are forced to punt on the next drive, but they seem to have a spot of luck when they pick off Cam Newton with 1:30 left, but the ball is on their own 4. Trying a short pass to Hightower, the Buccaneers are intercepted by Brandon Hogan who runs it in 4 yards for a TD. Buccaneers 6-35 Panthers

Finally the Buccs get it going properly and Vincent Jackson catches a TD pass from Weber with 24 seconds left. Buccaneers 13-35 Panthers

Quarter 3:
    The Buccs are forced to punt by a Charles Johnson sack, and after some plays, a missed pass to an open Smith, and a pass caught by Smith short of a first, Justin Medlock kicks a 35 yard FG. Buccaneers 13-38 Panthers

The Buccs again punt, and the Panthers run out the 3rd quarter clock.

Quarter 4:
    Stewart gets us down to the 2 yard line with 4 minutes left, and I hand the ball to Cam Newton, seeking to halt his cold streak, and he runs it in 2 yards for the TD. Buccaneers 13-45 Panthers

Early on the Buccs drive Jon Beason intercepts the ball and runs it in 26 yards for the TD. Buccaneers 13-52 Panthers

Seeking consolation, the Buccaneers head down the field and on the final play of the game, Tim Hightower caught a 15 yard TD pass from Weber.

Stats:
    First off, favourite stat of the game. Buccaneers outgained Panthers 345-209 yards, but lost 52-20.

Passing:
    Cam Newton: 14 attempts, 8 completions, 139 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.
    Adam Weber: 38 attempts, 22 completions, 300 yards, 2 TDs and 3 INTs.
    Josh Freeman: 4 attempts, 1 completion, no TDs and 1 INT.

Rushing:
    Jonathan Stewart: 12 rushes, 51 yards.
    Cam Newton: 4 rushes, 19 yards, 2 TDs.
    Tim Hightower: 11 rushes, 40 yards.

Receiving:
    Steve Smith: 4 catches, 75 yards.
    Greg Olsen: 3 catches, 50 yards, 1 TD.
    Armanti Edwards: 1 catch, 14 yards.
    Dallas Clark: 10 catches, 178 yards.
    Tim Hightower: 8 catches, 72 yards, 1 TD.
    Mike Williams: 2 catches 20 yards.
    Vincent Jackson: 2 catches, 30 yards, 1 TD.
    Michael Jenkins: 1 catch, 26 yards.

Defense:
    Charles Johnson had 2 sacks, and Thomas Davis had 1. Norman, Beason, Munnerlyn and Hogan all had an interception, all but Norman's a pick 6.

For the Buccs Aqib Talib had an INT.

Right lads,

There's nothing much to be said here I feel.

We ask that people respect their opponent and not run up the score. By that, we mean not taking the piss and being up loads and still running tonnes of pass plays and getting back to the line quickly trying to put up more scores.

It also depends what people feel is a comfortable lead. This is coming from me, a guy who threw away a 24 point lead with 7 minutes left in the NFC Championship game last season.

The one thing I will say is that the Beason Interception return is slightly disrespectful but then again that's personal preference, I would slide down after picking him off but some people would rather the defense got a score, they both happen in the NFL.

I have not received any messages from gufc complaining about anything so I haven't even got that to go on. What I will say is, if you feel someone was running up the score on you in a game, please PM myself or Raoul.

Thanks.

Advertisement