Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season One, Week 11 results

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hey lads just reading the results thread now.

First off yes it is annoying taking a hiding and Mic makes a difference, however if someone doesn't use a Mic its no big deal.

I have no problem with someone running up. The score especially as the player stats are affected by performance. I don't mean hot and cold streaks but the xp gained. The to at 2.04 left in first half was the only time in whole game that I got annoyed really but as far as I'm concerned I have no problem with the score.

Matthew shouldn't have to take a knee on the 1 yard line CPU or human. Well played Matthew, a couple of long jammy plays which have caught me out most of the season. Was happy that I shut down your run game more or less (compared to your stats pre game) just allowing garbage time gains. cam's second was frustrating though as I was trying to pull a lb across to cover it before you took off. Really just waiting for draft and fa now to make a couple of key d pick ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Back to talking about the game :D

Redskins 33-14 Eagles

The Washington Redskins make it 9-1 and now know that 3 more wins will guarantee the division for them.

The game was a battle of the quarterbacks.

Robert Griffin showed up all the people who compared him to Vick in the draft as he threw no picks to Vicks 3/4? :p

In all serious, thanks for the game Ian, the picks were what opened the game up early and unfortunately there was too much for you to claw back.

Catch you for the return in a few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 20-14 Texans.

Possibly the most error-ridden game of Madden ever played.

On the first drive Arian Foster fumbled and I ran it in for a TD. Next drive, forced a punt and settled for a FG to lead 10-0.

Shaub then threw a pick and I ran it back for a 17-0 lead.

An interception for each side before the Texans score just before the half and its 17-7 going into HT.

First drive of the 2nd half, after a nice run by MJD, Tebow is sacked and fumbles. Texans score and the game is 17-14 and so tight.

I can't really remember the rest of it, just think terrible plays, Tebow throwing picks and injuries and I got a FG in there somewhere.

Last play of the game, Texans first and goal, I took Jeremey Mincey (the chap who has over 20 sacks on the season) out of the D line to cover the flat, timed it perfectly, and grabbed a pick to win a game I really shouldn't have won.

Really unlucky Holland Icy Manager. Totally nullified me on offense (apart from a respectable 120 yards rushing for MJD).

Jags move to 9-1 ahead of an absolutely crucial game vs the Titan next week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep.. Very important game next week for us both mikey!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Broncos 30 10 Chargers cpu
    Left the game as long as I cud on the off chance Paully might be back.
    Also lost Demaryius Thomas for pretty much the rest of the season :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Got beaten by the packers who managed to return a FG attempt for a TD. Lions are terrible at the best if times, without Calvin Johnson they are almost unusable.

We had a disconnect at the first attempt, scores were level so we just started again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

How long was the FG attempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

madalig12 wrote: »
    How long was the FG attempt?

Long enough to justify the return variant of the formation but short enough that he must have not quite caught it 100% for it to be short. Was about 108 yard return, the first 30 of which were lucky to escape a few and towards the end what I think was his full back was narrowly too slow on chasing down the angle.

Spent the first portion of the game double covering what I assumed was megatron... Once I copped he wasn't playing I was able to consistently put a CB and LB on pettigrew.

Lions O-line was very good in protection.

Some key plays (the return for one) went my way.

Benson had a frustrating day running but helped secure the win with a couple of first downs at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Beat the Steelers by 5 points in a terrible game. Got the win, but both Boldin and Smith are out for a few weeks.

Etlovelsd, sorry about Mendenhall....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A good game with some high quality play, neither coaches making any real howlers and both converted a few 3rd and very long

Both coaches focused on the run game

Demarco Murray 26 carries for 126 yds and 2 TDs
    Trent Richardson 17 carries for 108 yds, 0 TDs

Felix Jones rushed a TD for the Cowboys, Brandon Jackson did the same for the Browns

Averagish passing games, not stunning but adequate

Romo 12-20 159 yds 0 TD 1 INT
    Weeden 5-12 133yds 1 TD 1 INT

Both teams started fast and it was soon 14-14.

Cowboys running outside, screen passes and strong red zone rushing
    Browns went for the passing and Weedon has some good ones, Josh Cribbs taking home a 72yd TD

Ultimately it came down to special teams

Browns fumbled and lost a punt, Cowboys returned a punt also for TD.

Dan Bailey perfect all day, Phil Dawson missed a 49yd FG

Best team won no question.

MVP
    That man Demarco Murray, 2 TD's, leading rusher and he's a hard man to take down.
    Browns knocked him for 6 tackles for loss but still he kept going and got more and more room as the game went on

Well played, now the Browns look to sweep the Steelers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Jets beat the Rams 38-10.

Much tougher game than scoreline suggests. The rams kept the Jets power run game in check till the 4th quarter were Greene broke off a big run. However Play action worked a treat of gang green allowing for Keller to have a career day with 160 yards and a touchdown.

Super game guns4all ! Your pass rush was immense and had me under terrible trouble for long periods of the game. Luckily my defense bailed me out. Revis had a pick late on but he had a terrible game allowing dressen and amendola both to get open on key downs.

NFC West watch out ! Next week the pats ! muhahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

aka The Spiller show.

Trailing 6 - 0 and staring at a 10th successive defeat the Bills lose Jackson for the game. Up steps Spiller with 2 TDs and the Bills D. 1-9. The only way is UP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Good game Mike, the two punts were the real momentum swingers in this game. Good write-up too.

Jason Witten converted a 3rd & 19 when I was looking for was 10-12 yards to make the FG manageable, and Dez Bryant converted a 3rd & 15 after the delightful Madden holding call.

Romo slightly better than stats suggest as his receivers dropped at least 4/5 passes that I remember, soft little so-and-so's in Dallas as can't hold onto a pass after a hit. Couple of DB drops of INTs too

Back to 5-5, before losing record reappears with the Redskins game upcoming, unless DeMarcus Ware can knock RG3 out of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Jets (Dave)

That was a great game. Got my hopes sky high after Jackson's big run with the 1st play of the game. Then back down to earth as your extremely impressive D stopped me in my tracks, and my lack of faith in most of my receivers came back.

Yeah my D is good, need to draft or pick up a piece in free agency to push it to the next level. But more importantly need to find some new receivers i can trust to catch a ball when they're wide open!!!

Cheers for the game and for the tips after the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Lads any idea when week 11 will be advanced, need to get some practice in and sort out a few players :)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals lose to Chiefs
    14 - 34

Bengals D played a good first half - but got stung by a few very good run plays and Chiefs figured them out in second half to pull away into distance.

Chiefs D also played very well - a couple of drives were nothing but sacks they so fast out of the blocks!

Bengals O not too bad in first half - Dalton got on edge in second and started his usual pick fest.
    Didnt use the run enough.

Chiefs had a good solid performance - though Cassel was a bit wild with his throws early on he settled down for a reasonable game.
    The run was well used - and a few nice screen passes kept Bengals well at bay.

I dont have any stats in front of me at moment to add any more to this right now.

Advertisement