Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City maps 2go free 24hrs

• 16-11-2012 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

The Android, Samsung & iOS offline map app CityMaps 2Go is free for the next 24h. The app covers Maps for all US and UK countries, France, Italy, Germany and many more countries. If your destination not available, just contact the Support and you’ll get the map within a few days.

This is the right app for your next holidays because it works completely offline, you dont have to hassle with WiFi, Internet or even Roaming.

Hurry up because the promotion ends tomorrow.

Please visit iTunes, Google play or Samsung Apps to get the app for free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Nice find, thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Great find Op,

Thanks

DC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Cheers OP.
    Lot of countries in there all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

But I think that you must pay for the full version. In the free one you can only download 5 maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

living wrote: »
    But I think that you must pay for the full version. In the free one you can only download 5 maps.

Ive been busy downloading as many maps as I can at the moment, have most of ireland so far, then it's the UK etc. up to 19 free maps so far on the free App so at the moment there doesn't appear to be any restriction on the number of maps that you can download. That may change after the free status is removed, I don't know...

Anyhoo...back to map downloading I go....maps are great by the way considering they're free.....

DC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

Cant find it on google play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

What time does it end at? 00.01am tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

grange mac wrote: »
    Cant find it on google play

You did search for CityMaps didn't you?

If it's not there then it's probably not compatible on your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Showing up for me ok but I am in work at the moment so prefer to download using wireless from home. Hope its still free in the morning .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

Pj! wrote: »

You did search for CityMaps didn't you?

If it's not there then it's probably not compatible on your phone.
    Yep will try laptop instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Decoda wrote: »
    Ive been busy downloading as many maps as I can at the moment, have most of ireland so far, then it's the UK etc. up to 19 free maps so far on the free App so at the moment there doesn't appear to be any restriction on the number of maps that you can download. That may change after the free status is removed, I don't know...

Anyhoo...back to map downloading I go....maps are great by the way considering they're free.....

DC

I couldn't download more than 5. Maybe I installed it too late :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

same as. only 5 maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I got to 3. Realised that I will never use them and stopped there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

5 maps , very happy with it ,thank you OP

I just installed on iPad and was able to download every map for Ireland. Very handy, thanks OP!

Edit: Just downloaded on my phone (android) and I can only get 5 free maps :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Got London Bristol & Belfast. Will be very handy!

Cant think of 2 other places Im likely to regularly need a map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Unlimited download on app store it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Did the people who can only download 5 maps accidentally download the Lite version??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

Did the people who can only download 5 maps accidentally download the Lite version??

I have an IOS and android. It seems that from IOS(Apple) you can download as many as you want, but android is limited to 5 maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

limited to 5 on android here too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

What does this app offer that Google maps doesn't? The availability of maps offline? You can already do that with Google Maps (at least on android anyway), and it's completely free.

Advertisement