Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council housing transfer - I need help

Options
  • 16-11-2012 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi i leave in council huse for three years now im over crowed i dont have space for my child i have two kids one single bed and one double bed igot 7 point after i go on transfer list please help me how i can make my point come down im in bad situation i cant waite 2 more years my little girl has no bed , pls help what should i dooo????:confused:
    i just need it to know how to make 7 point go down not for telling me buying abunk bed i know my stuation i know that two single bed doesnt fit single room,so if there is any thing ican do any experence about transfering i really thank you nothing els

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bucky08

shusha wrote: »
    hi i leave in council huse for three years now im over crowed i dont have space for my child i have two kids one single bed and one double bed igot 7 point after i go on transfer list please help me how i can make my point come down im in bad situation i cant waite 2 more years my little girl has no bed , pls help what should i dooo????:confused:

you move into single bedroom and get two single beds for the kids problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Its seems like you want more than you need, Im not having a go but if you need a bigger house then buy one or rent privately.
    If your problem is space for single beds then I would suggest getting bunk beds, I have twins and they have to sleep in bunk beds because their bedroom is small, they are 15 years old now and its not the best arrangement but its all we have so we make the best of it.
    The other option you have is to arrange a transfer privately between you and another tenant then go to the council and they will allow the transfer but you will be lucky to find someone if your house is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

shusha wrote: »
    Bunk beds leave lots of room for activities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Available 3 beds are rare for a local authority.
    They exist but everyone wants them!

You're going to be waiting many years before you get one.

Maybe you can't afford bunk beds or maybe you can but don't want to pay.

Put a call into your local vincent de paul.
    It's possible someone has these and wants to get rid of them.
    V de P don't store large items but they could match the two of you up and you go pick them up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

There are a couple of bunk beds on Adverts for under €100. I don't know if I'm allowed to link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 shusha

thanks all for replying but i have ahusband so we cant move to single room the singlle room so tiny no bunik bed fit it and my children are still young for bunk bed they are 3 ,5 and 2,5 years old ihave been every where to find bed that fit that stupid small room but couldnt find one, thanks all but iwas trying to figer out homany years i should wait??? omg !!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

I dont know about other councils but If it's Dublin city council your there for a long long time.Most people who get 3 bedroom accomodation off them have grown up kids because they've been waiting so long. You just have to take the tips about bunk beds etc. and make the most of what you have. Just count yourself lucky there are only 4 of you I know many families with 6 and over living in 2 bedrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

To be honest your situation is not a priority, you may be waiting longer than you think. beds come in all shapes and sizes now, I find it hard to believe you cant find a bed to fit the room.
    If it was me in the same situation Id be down in woodies buying a hammer,nails,screws,brackets and wood and make my own bed to fit the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shusha

what ? do you think i didnt do that but now the bed is small it fit one singlle bed no more its very tiny room you dont know how isit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

If your place is so small, why did you have that last child?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

How can a single bed fit and a single bunk not? Is the roof 4' high?

Advertisement