Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC cancellation

• 16-11-2012 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi I called the UPC customer service today and told them that I wanted to cancel my UPC account,and they transferred me to the cancellation department and the worker told me to sent them a written mail to an address to cancel my UPC account(which I find that it is ridiculous).

I wanted to cancel my UPC account because I am a moving to a new place and I not longer needed UPC service anymore. I found out that I need to wait 30 days starting from the day they received the email. I wouldn't be using the UPC broadband anymore and I finished the 12 month contract.I am wondering will they charge me the 30 days through direct debit(which I subscribed ) starting from the day they received my written mail. even I am not using it and I eligible to claim the direct debit back if they did charged me by using IPSO.ie or etc?? HELP :L

Please excuse my english as it is not my first language.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It is normal practise with virtually all isps that once you finish your initial 12 month contract you are on a rolling month's contract and have to give 30 days notice when you wish to terminate the contract.

From the UPC website:
    The minimum period of service for any UPC service is twelve months, starting on the date we activate your service. Under the terms and conditions of the contract, customers who request termination of their service during this 12 month period are liable to a cancellation fee of €150 . If you wish to cancel your service you must give us 30 days written notice and you remain liable for your services until such time as acceptable notification is received by us.

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/289/~/cancelling-your-account

You should try the UPC forum if you need any further information.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1546

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 htvkyglef4bs1j

Thanks for the reply ,
    But I am still not happy with it as I am not using the UPC services and I had to pay for the services.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Thanks for the reply ,
    But I am still not happy with it as I am not using the UPC services and I had to pay for the services.

Unfortunately its not about being happy. You agreed to those Terms and Conditions when you signed up with UPC and it would have been exactly the same with virtually any other isp.

Remember cancelling a dd does not remove the obligation to pay any outstanding amounts due to a company.

Advertisement