Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyer, offer accepted in Castleview, Swords

Options
  • 17-11-2012 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi
    we are first time buyers and put an offer on semi-d house in castleview, swords, and the offer was accepted. just want to know, before handing deposit, if we would have enough time to close the deal before Christmas to obtain MIR.

we were also worried about the location, when we went for viewing the estate looked very scattered with lot of houses, but looked clean and well maintained.
    Its little far from the main town, but couldn't figure out what type of area is it?

would like to know, if any of my friends here on board, are aware of the locality and what sort of community is it like in that part of swords?

Looking forward for some valuable information and appreciate if someone here can share their thoughts

Thanking you
    Pranal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

Castle view is nice, it has a lot of families in the area. Applewood is beside it has shops a pub, and restaurants in it. There is a school in the area too. It is a bit out of the way of the village but jc's and lidl are near enough to walk too. Not to sure about buses as I've a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pranal

Castle view is nice, it has a lot of families in the area. Applewood is beside it has shops a pub, and restaurants in it. There is a school in the area too. It is a bit out of the way of the village but jc's and lidl are near enough to walk too. Not to sure about buses as I've a car.

thanks outnumbered82,

thats good as we have 5 year old, is the area safe? and is there anything to worry about?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

http://www.castleviewresidents.com

Maybe this will help too

Yes the area is safe lots of open space for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Castleview is a nice area, very nice.

The distance to the main street isnt actually that bad, its a 10/15 minute walk.
    Often the wife and I will walk home from the main street - its a nice walking distance.

There's great buses now servicing the area and within the last year the swords express now services the area which is fantastic.

Ive been living in the area 3 years now and my gripes with it are few and far between.
    There's a nice new school and community centre built past castleview, there's also the mutli-dom school in applewood. Adams Apple is a great cafe in applewood for breakfast and as mentioned castleview has an ACTIVE res assoc.

Feel free to pm me any questions, hope sale goes well.
    There's a few houses for sale there for a long time now (As the market has died down) perfectly fine but I hope you got a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

pranal wrote: »
    just want to know, before handing deposit, if we would have enough time to close the deal before Christmas to obtain MIR.
    How long is a bit of string? If you want to close the deal before xmas, I'd advise that you tell the solicitor to put it down as a clause, and to let the sellers know this, as the process can sometimes take a few months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement