Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pensions

Options
  • 17-11-2012 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Im thinking about starting a pension fund for when i retire, can anyone reccommend a good one, also what amount should i save a week, im thinking 25-30 euro a week, would this be enough

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

I seem to recall from age 30, to have a pension 60% of salary you need to be contributing around 15% of salary.

There's a calculator on the pensions board website to play about.

http://www.pensionsboard.ie/en/Pensions_Calculators/

This assumes around a 5% interest rate and 3% salary increases for the life of contributions to the which certainly hasn't been reached in the past few years anyway. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

Yes salary increases have not been 3% over the last few years alright but pension fund performance has been in the order of 9%pa over the last 3 years and a desperate -2.5%pa over the last 5 years but a respectable 5%pa over the last 10 years. You need to remember that a pension is long term and will go up and down in value in the short term as displayed by the 5 year performance

Advertisement