Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter Lessons

Options
  • 17-11-2012 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

I would really like to buy a helicopter for a friend for christmas, at 200 a lesson! its a little out of my league.

Cant find any groupon/living social deals on it either.

If anyone knows a dublin located source, please let me know! :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

If you don't have €200 then you can try this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Well, what'syour budget? If you're looking to get a 1 hour lesson for ~€20 then you'd better either rob a helicopter or make friends with someone who owns one!

But a quick search threw up some options for less than €200. Best price I came across was €95 for a 1 hour lesson. Another company offers a 40 minute lesson for €150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

If you don't have €200 then you can try this

:D I'd get charged extra for luggage
    Well, what'syour budget? If you're looking to get a 1 hour lesson for ~€20 then you'd better either rob a helicopter or make friends with someone who owns one!

But a quick search threw up some options for less than €200. Best price I came across was €95 for a 1 hour lesson. Another company offers a 40 minute lesson for €150.

Thanks for the link, the 95€ one would be perfect but it seems to be for a airplane rather than a helicopter.
    Thanks for the 150 link too. I may end up choosing that one. I did a 60 minute lesson in a plane before, 30 minutes in flight and there was about 5 minutes up and down time which leaves about 20 minutes flying myself at most. For a 20 minute flight, i think you'd only get about 10 minutes of flying time.

If anyone spots any others. I'd love a 60 minute lesson/30 minute flight for 100-150euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dgn37

Don't want to be unhelpful but you won't get a 30 minute helicopter flight for 100 quid or 150. The fuel alone for a 30 min flight will be around 60 or 70 euro - then there's the heli operating costs, pilot, landing fees...

Helicopters are expensive things to run - that €150/20min flight is definitely the cheapest around. Great fun though -your friend will love it

Advertisement