Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Have VAG-COM?

Options
  • 17-11-2012 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Anyone got VAG-COM to remove an airbag light on a VW Bora. Have an upcoming nct and the light has stayed on since removing the seat for cleaning. theirs no faults just needs to be hooked up and cleared of the light. Just wondering if anyone has vag-com or knows someone. I reckon bringing to a garage will be costly. any help appreciated. thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

What part of the county are you in ?

O'Donnell'a Garage in Killea has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Think Pat Meehan in Letterkenny has it, he's behind the old Ford (hegartys) garage in Ballymacool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Saw the hyphen as a dot, thought this was a naughty thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

There is a guy located off the roundabout at the mountain top (after Highland Radio) who is supposed to be very good and reasonably priced for electrical work

There is a lot to be said for dealing with reputable dealers these days too. Most have the diagnostic kit to do all cars. There is some security there and you are less likely to get ripped off if, as in your case, go in knowing exactly what you need done and determine that is all

I'd be very wary of using back street dealers these days.

Their premises seem to be scouted by criminals and when it comes to Car Theft, if you cannot be there at all times to see where your keys are - be wary.
    Letterkennyin particular is getting hit by a number of unexplained car thefts recently where cars either disappear or seem to be very easily taken not long after being worked upon. That statement I have experience of.

The same I am told is true of getting cars valeted. This statement was told to me by a member of the Motor trade and someone who was victim and again I believe

Go to a main dealer or one of their mechanics who trade on the side at best, and there is Karl Veldman in Ard O'Donnell who still does some work and is very trustworthy

In anycase, people should buy a GPS tracker and hide well

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

Thanks for the replys. Does anyone have contact info for these guys and garages I cant find any of them online :confused:. or even directions Im unfamiliar of the areas. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

For the guy in Mountain top, take the N56 from Hospital Roundabout, straight on signposted for Kilmacrennan. AFter the filling Station on left you will meet another roundabout. take left there, there is a small premises on the right along that road

Alternatively, on way there call into Hegarty's Ford Garage and ask for Corny and see if he has the software to do VAG. He'd be your safest bet all round

There is also a guy in the VW Garage who works from home in the evenings. If you want I can look up his name and details but it would be later this evening before I can ask someone.

If you want to ask Karl Veldman who is the best locally, but is in semi retirement, walk up from High Road to the first main left before the Road where Garda Station is on, his premises is directly behind the building that houses Donegal News and Hee's Chinese Restaurant. Karl is the ultimate guy in this field and trust worthy but semi retired so best call in and ask him first

If you are in the Northwest or of the county, between Falcarragh and Dunfanaghy, call to the garage at Ray, ask for Frankie Sweeney who taught electronics etc at LYIT up until recently. He was often sent the complex Ambulance problems and can be trusted as far as I know

Be sure to make it known that you know what you want done as you do. I would be familiar with a lot in the trade and am sending you in all the right directions. I am intentionally not sending you to a few 'known' places but don't have much knowledge of south Donegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Same thing happened when my Mum's car went for the NCT. Airbag light was flashing so she put a miniature statue of St.Anthony on the dashboard to cover it. It worked a treat and she passed the NCT. Might be cheaper than sending it to a garage ;)

Advertisement