Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking prices

Options
  • 17-11-2012 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi all a proud Waterford man here, and I am on a right rant / bitch, I am now living amongst our foes :rolleyes: Yes South kilkenny (Small k done on purpose , lol as afterall it is only a town:p) , Someone should print average IQ before the 34 above the Railwaystation). But now to the point ,I hope I'm posting in the right section for this, But here goes, I am self employed as a decorator, I started a job in the City centre today it cost me 9 euro to park for 5 hours!!! and I had to move once as the Bol**xs told me 2 hours is the max stay. I have another two days to complete my job and they will be at least 8 to 9 hour days , The Tans ( Money grabbing c##ts should I say) that are running our City are going to kill it, I will have to add nearly 40 Euro to the quote for expenses, But I'm sure theese people can well afford this, and keep warm and feed. This is money grabbing at its worst there should be a limit to what these money sucking gits can take, At the least a daily limit of five euro for commercial vehicles, It is the last job I will take in the City centre, This should also be applied to the people working in the city centre also as I worked Roches stores for 3 years but at the time I did not drive but dread to think what they are going trough now, But on a sarcastic note you can't get to New York for Paddies day unless somone else is paying:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Park on the key its 5 euro a day. Drop off your stuff first if too much to bring in one go.
    Agree that your only allowed to park for two hours most places in the town has ruin businesses in waterford.
    Best of luck with the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

My parents live in the city centre. Any time a decorator/builder etc was working they just left a note on the car saying they were working in the address. Dont think it ever caused an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

if its obviosuly painters van, a note usually does the trick once you are there keepin eye on van. failing that place down in railway sq costs 2.50 for day i think.

Brilliant value

+ house/shop you working on might have a permit you can use

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I noticed that myself the other day when i was going to the credit union on parnell st, thought the price of parking was a bit much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

I a person is not living in the city the price of parking there is totally off putting. If a person has any difficulty walking then 2 hours is the max they can stay in town because of parking. Members of my family meet once a week, have lunch in town, have a bit of a look around and might go for a coffee then; not for me and family members who are from out of town, parking restrictions and prices are prohibitive.

I wouldn't rely and the traffice warden not giving you a ticket because you are working either

• Advertisement
Advertisement