Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roast pork loin - how long for ?

Options
  • 17-11-2012 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭

I have a full pork loin weighing 6lbs. I was reckoning on 30mins at 200 and then 20 mins per pound at 180. I terrified of undercooking it but obviously don't want it to dry out. I've done a bit of googling but I'm even more confused about timing. Any suggestions would be welcome. Not too fussy about crispy crackling as I plan to cover the joint with caramellised apples before finishing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks for moving that Mods. Should have posted there in the first place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It depends on how thick the loin is, but I personally would give it 2 to 2 and a half hours at 180c and if you're not worried about the crackling you could cover it with foil for the first hour.. I usually rub a pork loin with olive oil, garlic and a little lemon juice to keep it moist and give a nice flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

It depends on how thick the loin is, but I personally would give it 2 to 2 and a half hours at 180c and if you're not worried about the crackling you could cover it with foil for the first hour.. I usually rub a pork loin with olive oil, garlic and a little lemon juice to keep it moist and give a nice flavour.
    Thanks dizzy, I cooked it for 2 and half and it seems perfect. It really is more to do with the thickness of the joint, as you pointed out. Cheers

Advertisement