Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another work problem

Options
  • 17-11-2012 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Posting here about work on and off as its miserable right now but I cannot afford to leave and havent been able to find alternative employment so trying to make the best of a bad lot.

So here is my problem, for the second week running my wages have been short, paid for 25 hours only when i worked just under 50 because of situations that arose in work and absenteeism.

Our accountant is a contractor, not an employee so is only with us two days a week and working elsewhere the rest.

Last week i emailed the accountant to query the mistake in my wages, as did two other staff as it was the same for them. We sometimes get a payslip sometimes dont despite asking for one over and over.

None of us got a reply to our mails and he said he would talk to us later today when I asked when he arrived

So lo and behold he does the exact same thing today but I coped it before I had left and queried him on it. He said he had been told by the boss that we were only to be paid for our contracted hours nothing outside this. We had been told this but if it was authorised then it would be paid. Which it was for all of us.

I told him this and he said he hadnt asked if it was authorised so I blame him and told him I wanted it sorted today that I needed the money.

I asked him to speak to our boss who said we needed to speak to her partner as he was in charge of all that stuff now, he was also on the premises.

I left on the promise that I would be told later the outcome. No call so I texted and got a reply to inform me that the accountant had rang my boss again and she said we would sort it next week

Then he informs me and remember he does not work for our company that my boss had told him to inform me that despite my working days being Monday to Friday I am only rostered down for tues;wed;thurs next week.

I feel this is a punishment for having the neck to fight for what I am due.

can they do this just change my hours and days just like that?

Oh and not one of us has a contract, again we have asked many times but not given one. One girl is there 8 years and I am a year and a half!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Better here OP.
    Please note the Work Problems charter now applies.

Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nexlar

I am agree with Taltos, I think his right. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

If its private bussines i would not be surprised about this problem...
    They are like that, will try to scam you as much as they can so they dont loose money on you or someone else in the company.
    Nowdays if you stay an half an hour or an hour longer that your working hours noone will pay you,and that what actually piss me off cause ive been working for that hour...
    I didnt stand in the corner holding my hands in the pockets.
    If you can get that contract, no matter what... thats your protection in the work.

Advertisement