Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100mb UPC but PS3 is not picking it

• 17-11-2012 6:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all. I recently upgraded to 100mb broadband from UPC. I then moved the modem to downstairs so I could connect my PS3 wired. When I do a connection test my PS3 is only picking up 2- 6 mb ??
    Is this normal ? Is there any way I can speed this up ? Any advice is appreciated smile.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fleeboing

I'm having the same problem with my ps3 i've compared a newer ps3 as well and the same speed results. I've forwarded ports for FIFA 13 specifically but no improvement. Had a tech call out and he just tested the lines and said everything was fine. MY speedtest directly connecting the laptop with cable is giving 85 mb. I had it out with them on the phone that they have no back up for ps3's i just think it's ludicrous that such a common console is not supported by them in they could at least have a couple of suggestions / tips for their customers.

I'm either stuck with stuck with this cisco router or i go back to 25 meg broadband - i oly upgraded for playing FIFA on PS3.

Am at my wits end - don't know whot to do!! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know I'd really appreciate it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

If its wired in and its slow then the only thing I can think of is the duplex setting, make sure its set to auto. If its fixed at 100full then you'll get a mismatch with the router.
    If that doesn't help then try getting another switch to put in between your PS3 and your router.
    I don't really understand "I only upgraded for playing Fifa on PS3", does Fifa need more that 25mbits bandwidth to play?
    The only effect I could see this having is that maybe game updates would take a while longer to download.
    fleeboing wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with my ps3 i've compared a newer ps3 as well and the same speed results. I've forwarded ports for FIFA 13 specifically but no improvement. Had a tech call out and he just tested the lines and said everything was fine. MY speedtest directly connecting the laptop with cable is giving 85 mb. I had it out with them on the phone that they have no back up for ps3's i just think it's ludicrous that such a common console is not supported by them in they could at least have a couple of suggestions / tips for their customers.

I'm either stuck with stuck with this cisco router or i go back to 25 meg broadband - i oly upgraded for playing FIFA on PS3.

Am at my wits end - don't know whot to do!! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know I'd really appreciate it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fleeboing

hey bricks thanks for the suggestion - the duplex is set to auto though when you say "try getting another switch to put in between your PS3 and your router" what is the switch?

i've been playing FIFA for years now and have suffered hours of lag and uncontrollable gaming (not all the time though) and thought by upgrading the broadband speed would sort all my problems out.. You'd think!!!

thanks again for your help!

Advertisement