Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park car for week.

• 17-11-2012 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭

I need to park my car in a city centre location on a weekly basis's .Somewhere safe and cheap.even outside the city centre.safe and cheap are the keywords.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Cheap - on any of the approch roads to the city that have free parking, any of the shopping centres, Tesco is 24hr so a parked car there overnight wouldn't attract too much attention. The parkway and Childers Rd shopping centres nearly always have a few cars there overnight.

Safe - They're all safe until something happens and the problem is most of the breakins/robberies are random so hard to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have a look at the Euro car park down near the Clarion Hotel, they do cheap rates, it's secure and in the city centre so no messing with buses, etc.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think Barrington's car park also do a weekly rate. I'd imagine they all do really. Start ringing around! There's a large one down by the market, another one on thomas street, and about half a dozen multi stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Bus station is only 4e for as long as you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

leakyboots wrote: »

Bus station seems to have a high rate of break ins - but I could be wrong on this, and a big gripe with users seems to be the exact need of change. Most of the multistories in town cost about 12 - 15 a week, which is less then 4e a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

leakyboots wrote: »

I would not leave my car near the bus/train station all week long if they paid me with the amount of unsavory types passing through that area.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

bazz26 wrote: »
    I would not leave my car near the bus/train station all week long if they paid me with the amount of unsavory types passing through that area.

I was just getting some chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭raher1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Harvey's Quay carpark is €9 for 24 hours if you prebook online. (€15 otherwise)

I'm fairly certain you can park in the train/bus station for just €4 for as long as you like, not sure how safe that would be though?

I left my car outside the Shannon Mall entrance of the Crescent a few times when Tesco had 24 hour opening, (security camera's and people going in and out the whole time) but last I checked they now close at midnight, so I wouldn't risk that.

Tesco Coonagh is 24 hours. Park near the front of the store and there'll be plenty of eye witnesses to deter thieves/vandals.
    Sonye wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure all of them are open. They're not all overnight parking though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The mrs used to park in the car park on Lower Gerald Griffin street. She used to get a monthly deal (incl weekends) for €50 I think.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

Is it worth getting a street permit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Sonye wrote: »
    Is it worth getting a street permit?

I believe they are not the easiest things to get. You will need:

1. Valid Driver’s Licence

2. Certificate of Registration for the address you are applying for.

3. Certificate of Insurance for the address you are applying for.

4. (a) Current Utility Bill for the address you are applying for (e.g. ESB, Phone (landline) or Gas) or copy of Lease/Tenancy Agreement or Rent Book. (b) If you are a first-time applicant, proof of ownership of property or copy of Lease/Tenancy Agreement is needed

5. Be on the Register of Electors for the address you are applying for.

6. Fee of €6.35 (Payment of fee does not constitute an undertaking by us to issue a Parking Permit)

7. For a Change of Address or Change of Car Registration, previous Residential Parking Permit must be submitted before new Permit can be issued.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

So the train station is the best option for price but not security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Buy a Taxi or at least a roof sign for a taxi,how much would it save you in the long run

Advertisement