Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Service in Limerick - do share stories!

• 17-11-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

It's probably been done but I thought I'd start a ranting thread for places with terrible service in Limerick (and elsewhere since bad service is a universal phenomenon). Sharing stories about yet another rude waiter/shop assistant or similar...

No naming or shaming though, please!

My most recent story is when I was trying to buy a take-away coffee in Limerick and asked the person behind the counter if I could get the larger paper cup instead so I wouldn't spill my coffee (they didnt have lids)...
    She goes 'No' without any explanation... I thought I'd misheard so asked again but she straight-out refused to give me the bigger fecking paper cup! Idiot!

Needless to say I wont be buying coffee there anytime soon again! :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Not really a point, unless you name the place. And that won't last for long. There's a ranting and raving section around somewhere.

That was daft about the coffee there. I would be telling them they won't be getting my money again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Treehorn

The ONLY business, of the ones I use, where I have yet to experience terrible customer service is Brown Thomas. Frankly it is easier to point that out than mention the offending ones because there are so so many.

Shops, cafes, restaurants and bars have terribly trained staff from my experience. It is not confined to Limerick either. We seem to excel at poor customer service in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

MarkR wrote: »
    Not really a point, unless you name the place. And that won't last for long. There's a ranting and raving section around somewhere.

+1.

Dont see the point of a load of posts cribbing about service and no mention of the place is named.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Treehorn wrote: »
    The ONLY business, of the ones I use, where I have yet to experience terrible customer service is Brown Thomas. Frankly it is easier to point that out than mention the offending ones because there are so so many.

It does often smell of sewage though, what is that about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Shops, cafes, restaurants and bars have terribly trained staff from my experience. It is not confined to Limerick either. We seem to excel at poor customer service in this country.

Can you give examples (without naming names)?

I mostly receive good service in Limerick. Once in a while bar staff serve someone else before me, even though I was first. Sometimes staff in a stationery shop continue to chat even though I'm waiting by the till. But these things are fairly rare.

I get worse service in Birmingham, London, Brussels, Paris, Dublin and other places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Can you give examples (without naming names)?

I mostly receive good service in Limerick. Once in a while bar staff serve someone else before me, even though I was first. Sometimes staff in a stationery shop continue to chat even though I'm waiting by the till. But these things are fairly rare.

I get worse service in Birmingham, London, Brussels, Paris, Dublin and other places.

I'd like to add again that I don't think bad service is confined to Limerick. Plenty of places across Ireland, UK and other countries I have been to that are guilty of that as well.

Regarding the naming and shaming... I just wanted to keep within the guidelines so the discussion doesnt get closed down. I would like to mention a couple of companies that I havent been happy with in the past servicewise but am going to save myself the getting banned by a Mod! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well i was in dunnes today and this young one behind the counter just snaps!! a €10 note from my hand gives me back the change doesn't even look at me..no please no thank you, nothing...just "next"

ignorant as anything

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

Well, at least BT has started apologising to the more famous customers for being rude... :pac:

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/brown-thomas-apologise-to-singer-gabrielle-aplin-over-rude-staff-3342287.html

Advertisement