Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predicting sales?

Options
  • 17-11-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I know there is no given answer but i am currently doing a business plan and when it come's to predicting sales i am at a lose.
    I will have a number of products developed over the coming months all simular just different price ranges.
    For example my first product will sell at €80 and i can make 5 of these a day.
    I have researched the market fully and there is a demand for this but how can i break down sales over a 12 month period.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

well .. break it down by day.. and multiply ..

So for instance Day 1 - day 5

I would assume you can sell 3 products a day.. 80 x 30 is your revenue .. multiply this by the amount you can sell a week and yearly etc

240x 5 = 1200 per week .. = 48 weeks = 57600

Your wage, 25k + 20% profit and take out all your overheads cost of goods sold, rent, .. might give you any overall taste to see if you can make this viable..

If it doesnt work with 3 sales a day just run the numbers with 2 .. there is break even forumulas available on the intenet with these figures etc !!

• Site Banned Posts: 26 doccbh

Your first step is to estimate market demand during the first year, preferably on a monthly basis. What is the market potential? Please recognize that actual demand will be far less than potential until you improve the product and marketing tactics. Thus, all else being equal you will sell more during month 12 than month 1,assuming you get the marketing mix right.

It's actually hard to advise without more specifics. But I would be a little cautious about having multiple products at multiple price points - it's better to start off with one could product and build your success off that.

Advertisement