Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COD Declassified PS Vita---BE WARNED!!!

• 17-11-2012 12:07pm

Downloaded the Game last night for PS Vita, total disaster do NOT buy this horrible game.

I was hoping for a decent game after Resistance, being such a let down.

It really is bad. I haven't tried playing on-line yet, but after reviews I don't think I'll bother. Check out the review on the IGN website, that basically sums it up, pity I didn't read it last night before I wasted 50 Euro's.

Incredible they can charge such money without the possibility of a refund.

The game really annoyed the hell out of me.

Incredibly the Black Ops II got great reviews. What a shame Sony created a wonderful portable device and let useless game developers ruin the whole experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Edge or Games™ (can't remember which) gave it 2/10.

danthefan wrote: »
    Edge or Games™ (can't remember which) gave it 2/10.

Not surprised, but I'm mad I didn't review it first. I'll give the multiplayer a go later as I just had to turn the game off it really annoyed me so much and when that happens, it's time to put it down.

50 quid wasted, learned the hard way. Incredible they charge so much for something so bad, it's no wonder people stick to the PC and download the games, illegally, at the price they are too expensive.

I'll probably request the COD BO II for xmas though lol it's supposed to be a very good game.

I just can't understand what Sony are thinking, why would they want such a terrific portable console to have such poor quality games ? It's like they want it to disappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

I bougt it on wednesday and I have to say i love it! I bought it for the multiplayer(didnt try campaign yet) and the multiplayer works great just like black ops 1
    . Seeing that you havent even player multiplayer you cant really tell people not to get it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,428 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ign 4/10

Eurogamer 4/10

EDGE 2/10

I think anyone could tell you not to buy it!

noodler wrote: »
    Ign 4/10

Eurogamer 4/10

EDGE 2/10

I think anyone could tell you not to buy it!

Yep, was hoping for too much, lesson learned.

• Advertisement

Dazza wrote: »
    I bougt it on wednesday and I have to say i love it! I bought it for the multiplayer(didnt try campaign yet) and the multiplayer works great just like black ops 1
    . Seeing that you havent even player multiplayer you cant really tell people not to get it..

That's a fair enough comment, I will give it a go later and report back. ;)

Well isn't that just a complete disaster ? I have been trying to connect to a multi player game the last hour and keep getting booted off. It gets as far as loading the game and then it boots me off.

Even with Resistance I could connect at least 1 in 10 attempts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Well isn't that just a complete disaster ? I have been trying to connect to a multi player game the last hour and keep getting booted off. It gets as far as loading the game and then it boots me off.

5 posts to whinge about a game. At least you can trade it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Dermighty wrote: »

He can't.
    Bought it as a download from PSN.
    You really should read the thread before commenting.

Whats your NAT type?

• Advertisement

Whats your NAT type?

NAT Type 2.

Connected to Three to my phone, and also Type 2. Will try the game on three and report back.

Nope doesn't work on Three either.

It searches for players I can see the names then starts loading the game and the progress bar goes all the way to the end and after a few seconds I get booted back to the main menu.

Nope doesn't work on Three either.

It searches for players I can see the names then starts loading the game and the progress bar goes all the way to the end and after a few seconds I get booted back to the main menu.

And you have updated the game manually yeah?

And you have updated the game manually yeah?

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I just bought it myself :o bought it boxed though, probably won't trade it in either way.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I just bought it myself :o bought it boxed though, probably won't trade it in either way.

LOL don't say you weren't warned. :D

Maybe if I can get online I will change my mind, but haven't been able all day, why don't you try go online and report back ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Dermighty wrote: »

Being able to trade a game in doesn't excuse it from being rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

From Eurogamer's 4/10 review...
    Not only disjointed, the 10 stages in the single-player campaign are also woefully short, an issue the developer sidesteps by eliminating checkpoints. This has a profound effect on the way that you play. Each time you're overcome by the enemy you must start the mission again from the very beginning. The immediate sting of disbelief at this choice soon makes way for other feelings. The raised stakes inspire caution, so rather than blasting your way into each room, you pad carefully, checking lines of sight, listening for the shuffle and shift of a lurking murderer. It feels closer to an arcade game than a modern FPS, with all the exhilaration and frustration that entails.
    I died a little inside when I read this particular part.

For what it's worth, they also mention the online connectivity problems towards the end of the review, so it doesn't look like you're alone.
    I just can't understand what Sony are thinking, why would they want such a terrific portable console to have such poor quality games ? It's like they want it to disappear.
    This has nothing to do with Sony (well perhaps outside of the amusing price on PSN), this was simply Activision farming their IP out to a developer who was (probably) deemed cheap and (more than likely) attractive due to the fact that they were already working on the Resistance title on a platform not many developers have experience with yet.

Not only that but it looks like they may have even redefined the term "cash-in" along the way: Rumour: Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified Was Developed in Five Months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

There was actually the same problem with resistance burning skies(same developer, same system) God knows why Sony what could have been such an important game to people that haven't actually made anything good.

UPDATE !

I finally got on line about an hour ago and while the maps are small it was entertaining, It might get boring after a while but at least I have something positive to say.

I just hope that there are no more problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement