Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport Needed for 40-foot Trailer

• 17-11-2012 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, guys.

I've found a 40-foot lorry trailer that we'd like to buy and use as a shelter for our two ponies we recently rescued with the help of the ISPCA (it's not a stackable shipping container, but an actual lorry trailer w/o wheels).ay

The problem we're having is finding someone who will transport it from Tullow, Co. Carlow to Inverin, Co. Galway for a reasonable price. All the quotes we've had so far have been more expensive than the trailer itself! Can't bring myself to pay more for delivery of the item than the item itself. :(

Does anyone know of someone with a crane truck who would be willing to help us help these ponies? Someone who is maybe an animal lover themselves and would be willing to do load the container and bring it to us at cost, or maybe just a bit above their cost? We just don't have a huge budget right now since we're just getting into the world of equines with these two rescues. A few years from now maybe we'll have the money to build a proper shed or stables on a concrete pad, but this will be a good solution for now.

Please, if you or anyone you know has a truck with a crane that can lift and carry a 40-foot trailer, please let me know. Thanks very much.

~ ryan

Advertisement