Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 12 Match Day Thread

191011121315»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

John83 wrote: »
    52 points after an 8 point hit. Took the hit to get RvP so in hindsight it turns out it was a bad decision but that's because RvP did nothing. Hoping it will pay off in the long run. Very happy to hear he's not traveled to Turkey.

Think I'm going to save a transfer this week and use it next week to get rid of Baines & Peinaar. I'll give them their last shot against Norwich.

I do apologize in advance for the language I am about to use within this thread, but I expect United to tear QPR a new arsehole next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I expect United to tear QPR a new arsehole next weekend.

and RVP had better offset the damage that Tevez and Suarez did this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I do apologize in advance for the language I am about to use within this thread, but I expect United to tear QPR a new arsehole next weekend.

Superb analysis, I suppose you had a bad feeling about the Norwich game at the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Once Rooneys ok of course .

Superb analysis, I suppose you had a bad feeling about the Norwich game at the weekend?

Problem?

• Advertisement

Problem?

No! Do you always make such bold predictions?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've been too sick to visit this forum since the weekend, having:

Sold Tevez last week.
    Kept Sterling on the bench despite fleeting thoughts of starting him ahead of Mata.
    Kept Cuellar on the bench.

Definitely the most frustrating GW for me of the season. 47 points in the end and dropped from around the 100 mark in the Boards league to 201. Ugh.

No! Do you always make such bold predictions?:pac:

Yep. That's why I'm so fcuking awesome at this game. :pac::pac::pac: Not that I need to prove anything, Norwich away was always going to be tough. We needed a last gasp winner last year, but I still felt that Van Persie had a double figure return in him. The second I saw Giggs on the team sheet, I knew United were goosed though :(

Have a look back at my record for predictions on here. More often than not, I am pretty spot on. Or, in some rare cases, I rock predictions.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78078045&postcount=359

I've been too sick to visit this forum since the weekend, having:

Sold Tevez last week.
    Kept Sterling on the bench despite fleeting thoughts of starting him ahead of Mata.
    Kept Cuellar on the bench.

Definitely the most frustrating GW for me of the season. 47 points in the end and dropped from around the 100 mark in the Boards league to 201. Ugh.

Honestly...selling Tevez was a dreadful dreadful mistake. Not going to pander to you as you know that. He was the only striker not to have international duty so we was guaranteed to start.

Starting Mata over Sterling was a marginal call but I think you made the right choice. Mata not starting was a bit of a head scratcher tbh.

Benching Cuellar, assuming you have a half decent defense, was a good call too. Agian, who could predict Hangelaand being sent off and Cuellar getting a goal. That game had a 3-1/3-0 Fulham written all over it.

Yep. That's why I'm so fcuking awesome at this game. :pac::pac::pac: Not that I need to prove anything, Norwich away was always going to be tough. We needed a last gasp winner last year, but I still felt that Van Persie had a double figure return in him. The second I saw Giggs on the team sheet, I knew United were goosed though :(

Have a look back at my record for predictions on here. More often than not, I am pretty spot on. Or, in some rare cases, I rock predictions.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78078045&postcount=359

That is a link to a single post from last April! Now that we're at it you might as well tell us what the score will be in the QPR game.
    I predict 3-0 to Utd, that would hardly constitute a new arsehole being torn though, what say you? 7-0, 8-0???

Can I ask who are the top dogs around here, I saw on a thread last week that someone posting here was second in the country, don't think it was yourself though but not sure. Is there anyone posting here who is regularly kicking ass, I'm a newcomer myself.

• Advertisement

That is a link to a single post from last April! Now that we're at it you might as well tell us what the score will be in the QPR game.
    I predict 3-0 to Utd, that would hardly constitute a new arsehole being torn though, what say you? 7-0, 8-0???

Can I ask who are the top dogs around here, I saw on a thread last week that someone posting here was second in the country, don't think it was yourself though but not sure. Is there anyone posting here who is regularly kicking ass, I'm a newcomer myself.

Ok dude, not sure what your problem is. I posted a bit of a throwaway comment and you acted the smart arse. I know you are new here, but there's a pretty good community here.

I would think 5-1 if Rooney is fit and if SAF cops on regarding his midfield selections.

Regarding top dogs, I think I would class most people as better than average on here, that's why I like to post on here instead of other such forums. I'm nowhere near second in the country so definately wasn't me.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Wost GW in the living memory for me, no suarez, no city players. Undone 7 GW's worth of progression in one gameweek!.Ended up with 35 points!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Honestly...selling Tevez was a dreadful dreadful mistake. Not going to pander to you as you know that. He was the only striker not to have international duty so we was guaranteed to start.

Starting Mata over Sterling was a marginal call but I think you made the right choice. Mata not starting was a bit of a head scratcher tbh.

Benching Cuellar, assuming you have a half decent defense, was a good call too. Agian, who could predict Hangelaand being sent off and Cuellar getting a goal. That game had a 3-1/3-0 Fulham written all over it.

Yeah I'm not kicking myself over the latter two calls, that was just tough luck, but still frustrating. It's the Tevez one that I'm agonising over. You're right, it was poor on my part. Two quiet games on the trot and Dzeko looking like an animal had me worried that he might be muscled out of the team, and Berbatov had just had a stormer against Arsenal. It was also partly to facilitate Pienaar to Fellaini, so I'll have to see how that pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Overall score?

714, top 3000 in the world. Highest I have ever been, by a long shot.

Yeah I'm not kicking myself over the latter two calls, that was just tough luck, but still frustrating. It's the Tevez one that I'm agonising over. You're right, it was poor on my part. Two quiet games on the trot and Dzeko looking like an animal had me worried that he might be muscled out of the team, and Berbatov had just had a stormer against Arsenal. It was also partly to facilitate Pienaar to Fellaini, so I'll have to see how that pans out.

It's like this, if you keep thinking about your descisions in the matter I see you doing in your posts here and you'll do well in the long term. I can ever see some logic behind the Tevez decision, especially as Berba and Suarez were primed to absolutely explode and there is aways an element of uncertainty over the City starting line.

Even the best players can make great decisions and have truely crap weeks as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

52 for the week. Red arrows all round.

I had Hazard, Carzola, Walters, Ba and Defoe but I had RVP as captain and Sterling as my 1st sub.

Next week should be fun, 3 Gameweeks inside 10 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

unkymo wrote: »
    52 for the week. Red arrows all round.

I had Hazard, Carzola, Walters, Ba and Defoe but I had RVP as captain and Sterling as my 1st sub.

Next week should be fun, 3 Gameweeks inside 10 days.

Ah shíte, I am on holidays for 2 weeks, hello red arrows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

714, top 3000 in the world. Highest I have ever been, by a long shot.

You are Top Dog!!:D

Advertisement