Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 12 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

53 points with Begovic, Shawcross, Riise and Barbatov to play happy with that.

Feck RVP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lol at the RVP fan boys

Lol. I love posts like this. One less person I bother to help. You must be in the top 100 players right? I mean your decision not to have RVP must be a not affecting you at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

52 points at the moment with 3 to come.

Big dilemma for me last night was Van Persie or Tevez for the captaincy. I swear I agonised about that one for a long, long time. Went with RVP. Just discovered Tevez scored 16 pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    8 points sitting on the bench! Why O' WHY did I bench Ruddy?! ... because........ Van Persie was due a HatTrick today.. Or so they said.

Captain Van Persie they said. It'll be grand they said

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

the second i saw Giggs on the starting sheet I regretted not captaining Suarez. Almost instantaneously. Got into my car, drove from Cork to Limerick, checked score when I arrived. Zero surprise. About to head to the United thread where no doubt I'll arrive in the middle of a Giggs-fuelled sh!tstorm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Home game against Q.P.R. next weekend not tempt you? ;)

You're not a nice guy at all! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lol. I love posts like this. One less person I bother to help. You must be in the top 100 players right? I mean your decision not to have RVP must be a not affecting you at all?

Surely you realise that on gameday all bets are off and schadenfreude should be actively encouraged, it's where the fun is in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Typical,the guy on 102 points hasn't gone near his team since 29th August.

I need a big performance from Berba & Co. to help me out after United's failure to play any kind of football earlier this evening.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

54 points with Jussi, Kacakakakakakaklic and Berbatov to play, as well as Fellani to be subbed in with 4 more points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

the second i saw Giggs on the starting sheet I regretted not captaining Suarez. Almost instantaneously. Got into my car, drove from Cork to Limerick, checked score when I arrived. Zero surprise. About to head to the United thread where no doubt I'll arrive in the middle of a Giggs-fuelled sh!tstorm.

Reading this it seems like you drove to Limerick because Giggs was starting. Out of annoyance I'm guessing. Probably more fun than the actual match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    54 points with Jussi, Kacakakakakakaklic and Berbatov to play, as well as Fellani to be subbed in with 4 more points.

How the hell is Fellaini on your bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

38pts with capt berba nolan and beg to come

No idea what i was thinking
    I benched tevez and it wasnt looking too bad till mata came on (1st sub)
    most points ive ever had on the bench for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

31 points

Caulker didnt play, Demel coming in
    Rooney didnt play, Walters coming in
    Mata only got a run out

Jussi, Berbatox (c), Demel, Nolan & Walters to play.

This GW sucks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Left 23 points on the bench today....****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

68 points with 3 to play and surely plenty of bonus points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Will Berba show his consistency and score a hat trick tomorow? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I thought having Bale, Michu, Hazard, Sterling and Ba would make for a good GW. Unfortunately, I don't have Tevez or Suarez and I captained RVP.

45 from 9, not a good return for the week thats in it.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭JPA

mailburner wrote: »
    38pts with capt berba nolan and beg to come

No idea what i was thinking
    I benched tevez and it wasnt looking too bad till mata came on (1st sub)
    most points ive ever had on the bench for sure

You benched Tevez? WT......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

No Suarez and captained RVP yet I only dropped 7 places to 21st and haven't really lost any ground on top spot.

Not bad for a weekend where all the big guns scored and the captaincy decision didn't go my way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

78 pts with Riise and Jassk to play tomorrow. Plus I estimate bout 10 bonus pts on the way.

Feeling pretty smart that I transfered Silva in and made him Capt, usually feel like a idiot for not doing what I think I should.

9.3M for him is good value, he makes them tick. Plenty putting him in this week I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

The average is 40.... i am on 22! WTF!!!!!!!

relying on 3 west ham players and Berbatov to bum me up to at least 40 for the week! i must be mental!!

Why did Mata nly play 29 minutes??

Transferred Tevez and Michu out this week, typical!!

Really need a west ham CS with Nolan to have a field day and Berbatov to bring home the bacon! RVP not looking as solid for captain choice as was first thought either! Time to take a step back an re-evaluate a few things i reckon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

The average is 40.... i am on 22! WTF!!!!!!!

relying on 3 west ham players and Berbatov to bum me up to at least 40 for the week! i must be mental!!

Why did Mata nly play 29 minutes??

Transferred Tevez and Michu out this week, typical!!

Really need a west ham CS with Nolan to have a field day and Berbatov to bring home the bacon! RVP not looking as solid for captain choice as was first thought either! Time to take a step back an re-evaluate a few things i reckon!

Was talk of a hamstring tweak for Mata

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I'm guessing Mata only came only for the last half an hour due to his international game during the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

JPA wrote: »
    You benched Tevez? WT......?

lol, i know
    last week i captained berba where nobody else did

took a chance, couldnt drop berba or suarez as i brought him in, both of whom
    i thought would do better than tev, both scoring more goals
    brought in fellainia and nolan and didnt want to drop either
    put morrison on the bench last week and it cost me
    couldnt drop walcott as i knew there would be goals in that one
    after villa performance against utd i thought they would do better and
    maybe the pens didnt help
    tevez did feck all last two gws so i took a chance...

in hindsight i should have dropped mata as chelsea were never
    gonna be rampant at west brom

never again though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

mailburner wrote: »
    lol, i know
    last week i captained berba where nobody else did

took a chance, couldnt drop berba or suarez as i brought him in, both of whom
    i thought would do better than tev, both scoring more goals
    brought in fellainia and nolan and didnt want to drop either
    put morrison on the bench last week and it cost me
    couldnt drop walcott as i knew there would be goals in that one
    after villa performance against utd i thought they would do better and
    maybe the pens didnt help
    tevez did feck all last two gws so i took a chance...

in hindsight i should have dropped mata as chelsea were never
    gonna be rampant at west brom

never again though

I benched Sterling but feel ok in that one, even though Mata burned me also.
    I have a policy of always playing my most expensive players. They are at their price for a reason. Hindsight is a great thing tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

I have a policy of always playing my most expensive players. They are at their price for a reason. Hindsight is a great thing tho :(

Lol, the moment I read that, the only player who popped up in my head was Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A little tip i picked up here,When Rory C says he is going to bench a player,put him in your starting team!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I need something magical to happen over the next 2 days! I've dropped 200k places in one day! I had been giving out about lingering around the 150k mark for the last 5 or so weekes only to realise i have made a massive move this week.... in the wrong direction:(

342,302 Overall

that could really spell disaster for my season if things dont pick up for me in the rest of this weeks matches!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

I need something magical to happen over the next 2 days! I've dropped 200k places in one day! I had been giving out about lingering
    around the 150k mark for the last 5 or so weekes only to realise i have made a massive move this week.... in the wrong direction:(

342,302 Overall

that could really spell disaster for my season if things dont pick up for me in the rest of this weeks matches!

What's your team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lol! Why would I want your help! You probably captained Van Persie!

Advertisement