Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira shower

• 17-11-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Mira Sport 9.5kw mains fed shower for 10 years and the temperature has suddenly gone bad in it. I usually have it set at the 12 o clock position and in the winter would have to go to about 2 o clock position.
    Since the start of the summer I had to use this in the 3 o clock position and now it is so cold and the water pressure at that setting is to low it is not a comfortable shower. It is still warm but not hot.
    I changed the thermostat with another same shower that I have but there was no difference in the temperature.
    Is there another problem that I should be looking at before I buy another one..

Thanks Hugh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

the sensor could be blocked with dirt. Take the head of the shower off turn dial down to full cold. Let it run for a few minutes replace turn dial to temperature desired see if that does it. it worked for me before. somtimes is appears if you leave the dial at the same settle the water temp can suddenly go all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

I presume there is a filter in these. Anyway my electric tank fed shower was acting similar. Ended up the water filter in the shower needed a clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭hughowen

Cleaned the filter, and also done the turning the dial down and running with the hose off. Nothing changed so I am just going to get another one from B & Q and fit it as I see they are less than €180 so better than getting a plumber and then a part and fitting.
    Thanks for your help anyway

Hugh

Advertisement