Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get involved in Electric Ireland's Powering Kindness Week and Win an iPad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

Bought a child's present for the Christmas collection in my local shopping centre. Dedicated to Concern and passed on on Facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I just got back from town where I ran after and caught the guy who grabbed an oldish womans purse, I got the purse back and guards got the guy I stopped, Yay Happy Days, I feel like a hero today haha. My good deed for the year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppyfields

banked my deed and here it is..set up internet and laptop for my older neighbour and showed him how to use it. He had lost his wife last year and was feeling very lonely. He loves it and it's given him a fresh outlook on life. He can now skype his son and grandkids in Australia. He also now loves to check out rip.ie to find out who else he has outlived!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bobsalot

I joined the National Council for the Blind as a volunteer. Hopefully I'll bring some light into someone's life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Setup a standing order to a charity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Great idea doing this comp!

I donated blood last week as I know the IBTS will be desperate this christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭roroduff

Brilliant, pledged for the a special Olympics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

I was in a car that passed out a biker one night, I went on a bit further and rounded a bend and saw a dead sheep in the middle of the road. I got out to pull the sheep away from the road because if the biker was going anyway fast there was no way he would miss the sheep as it was a country road.
    He never knew that I done it, but I like to think I averted a major accident.
    I drive a bike myself so maybe that was the reason I pulled the sheep away, but I didnt want to read in the next days paper about some guy hitting a sheep at 60MPH and ending up ????

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ioflynn

Do I log ALL of my good deeds or just once? "I helped my work colleague restore her wifi"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Snuck some oil into parents tank while they were away for a day. They are amazed how long their last order is lasting.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Instead of simply handing a sandwich to homeless person today,I decided to bring him for lunch where we talked about football for nearly two hours.His last words before i went,"It' nice to talk" :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

About two years ago saw a homeless person freezing in the morning whilst heading to work. They looked extra cold as they were wearing old tattered shoes that were falling apart. Felt sorry for him and went in to Dunnes and bought him a pair of trainers.

He was so grateful and I was happy to do it, nobody should ever have to suffer that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Rynox45

Got up early to make everyone breakfast so they'd be distracted and I could pick up their Christmas presents in peace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

I collected money for Concern for Haiti

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

I gave my film collection (40ish) DVDs to a charity market, and they sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meg meg

I organised and made a video message to be sent to a group of nuns in sri lanka to celebrate their 150 year anniversary.I did this on behalf of a group of irish nuns who wished to pass on their congradulations!

Gave my good deed to the special olympics as they really deserve it!!
    Think this is a lovely idea and it's great to see so many people doing small but kind deeds

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seany76

done .. speciial olympics :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Entered my good deed (through Concern) and passed it on through Facebook. Great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I knit a hat and donated it to international students in my university, who can't get home for Christmas. The Christian Society holds a Christmas party for them and gives gifts, so my knitting group decided to help out. Took over a week to do little by little, but I am very happy to donate my time to a good cause. Plus it was fun to do!

Here's a picture!

Logged it for Focus Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bowsie

Organised a pub quiz for a friend of mine who was going to South Africa to teach maths to kids in the townships. Raised over a grand which she used to buy clothes and school books for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

Done. I went to visit my Gran as she was feeling a bit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Tomorrow, I will visit my mam & help her with numerous issues - and now Focus Ireland will benefit too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Really really lovely posts guys. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Done brought all the family for dinner at the weekend to have some family time and treated the dog to a grooming, Banked for special Olympics!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I helped an elderly lady over the past year. We met when she needed some PC / Printer support. We have become friends and i help out with various bits of shopping and make sure she is not alone as her family are living abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nikalvschris

NICOLA FOWLER
    9 minutes ago

brought bags of clothes to charity, i am trying to organise a few friends to bring old blankets and sleeping bags, flasks of tea and sandwiches to bring in to the homeless coming up to christmas it gets cold and its so sad so see these people on the street. i feel i want to do something, focus ireland is really a great charity i just want to help and give back.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Done - I fed some hungry chess players

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement