Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get involved in Electric Ireland's Powering Kindness Week and Win an iPad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I had an elderly neighbor who lost her husband and had no remaining family in Ireland. I knew she loved dogs, so before work some days I would drop my 14 year old dog in to her for a few hours of company. I'd come back at lunch and when I would walk in, my dog would be brushed smooth with ribbons in her hair. She'd always hug me at the door to thank me. It was an amazing feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 golden brown

Great Idea - I run a hedgehog rescue www.thehogsprickle.weebly.com and also as a qualified Vet Nurse and companion animal behaviourist I give free advice on training and behavioural issues and veterinary help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 miguelIRL

I helped a friend to painf his house for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gisto08

ive helped out friends many times its great idea post my idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3 superhero.ie

I am a nursing student and I also volunteer at a local community centre. I was going for a walk with an elderly lady that uses the service and I reminded her to close up her jacket as it was cold. She told me her jacket (the only one she had) was missing a button. I took note of the button and went into town to buy one that looked similar, I then went back the next day and sowed it on for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 paddywatkins95

Went and visited the elderly with my class in school for half an hour and just had a chat with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xx_chaz69_xx

Taking flyers from people that are handing them out...its only small but it helps they're confidence and makes them feel better about they're work :) i Also asked all my friends to become donors and i myself became a donor when we die :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

Today i decided that the staff room at work needed a good cleaning out, so after work i spent a hour cleaning it from top to bottom including the microwave with food ingrained in it and the fridge with food that went off months ago. to top it off i decided not to tell anyone it was me, instead i bought a box of chocolates and left them for the team for the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tara be

Done. I rescued a poor stray kitten (couldn't resist!)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I helped a disabled customer at work with their shopping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Organizing (and baking loads of cakes and biscuits) for a coffee morning (9th December) to raise funds for local Brownies to go on a Christmas trip to a panto or open farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Done! Excellent Idea!

I passed a young lady obviously doing the walk of shame, bedraggled hair, smeared make up and no shoes on....:D

I reversed, stopped the car and offered her a lift which she very gratefully accepted.

Couldn't help thinking that I'd like someone to do the same if it was my young one:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I'm donating blood this week, come on everyone, sign up as a blood donor / bone marrow donor. For those of us with family with a disease like Leukaemia, you are literally a life saver. Now tell me that's not the ultimate act of kindness.

They say there's no such thing in life as a free lunch ... but the lovely ladies in the blood donation clinics provide great sandwhiches, drinks, taytos and chocolate bars when you donate ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Took the new guy from work who recenty moved to ireland under my wing, and introduced him to my work mates. Brought him out for few pints and invited him to watch the Ireland Fiji game over the weekend with some of my mates. He really appreciated the welcome!

Selected Focus Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

Helped a friend move house - deed donated to Focus Ireland. Nice idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭kevgaa

Was driving home Sunday night and spotted a lady outside her car with the hazards on. She had ran out of petrol so I drove to the garage got her some petrol to get her and her daughter back on the road.

Deed donated to Special Olympics on the website. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Done - has absolutely made my morning :)

Mine is work-related:

I work in travel and a customer was in Portugal when his mother died. He had no family and it was just himself and his mother back in Ireland. Understandably he was devastated and need to get home ASAP. I had booked dinner that night but stayed back until 10pm to get him home the following day and managed to waive the cost of his flights as a gesture of goodwill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

logged my deeds - 10km last christmas in the snowy december..dressed as Santa through Galway city, twice up Croagh Patrick in bare Feet and 5km with my son via Phoenix Park this Summer - all for charity as good deeds.

All simple i know BUT I HAVE MS since Sept 2010 age 34.. more good deeds in pipeline subject to energy levels

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭doradoll

Just gave my neighbour a lift home from town. It's lashing rain and she would have had to wait an hour on the bus!
    Fab idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 pippin5

Ordered my charity Christmas cards already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Gave staff discount to an old lady in work because she was friendly when I shouldn't have been allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lilywhite

I organised some of my baby clothes/shoes/equipment to be sent to the USA to a friend because she lost her home in Hurricane Sandy. I also set up a facebook account so that her friends can help.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 imPhilip

Sponsored a Charity run

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mh27

Fundraise for the guidedogs and volunteer for Talking Newspaper in Kilkenny, early days yet but a worthy use of my spare time :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I donate money to the Pattaya orphanage every time I am on holidays over there which is about once a year. Its not much but every little helps and its always greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Help my friend find her birth dad and show anything is possible :)

Last Friday as I was on my way to dinner I was walking by the local park. Along the outside some woman was there already collapsed with noone around. I called for an ambulance except one didn't arrive - instead the woman woke up, she refused an ambulance (she said she was an alcoholic), thanked me for waking her, so I made sure she got home. Something small but she got home safe, was a cold night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I helped with a Xmas party at an orphanage in korea. There was about 50-60 children in the orphanage & we managed to get every child sponsored by their own 'Santa'. All sponsors were expats working in the teaching or engineering profession. We then had a massive Xmas party & Santa gave all the kids their presents.

We also arranged volunteers to provide free English / art class every 2nd weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Took an old neighbour for a walk on the beach and cooked him dinner. It was his birthday and he doesn't have anyone here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Did six hours of course work assignment for a Polish lady I hardly know who has trouble with English. (she said I was her guardian angel!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement