Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get involved in Electric Ireland's Powering Kindness Week and Win an iPad

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I gave up my place on a free course (my company was paying) to give to someone who cannot afford it privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Spent my lunch hour rewriting a cv for someone so that they would have the chance of being considered for a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I have added mine and shared :)

My mam wasn't feeling the best today, she has lupus and it was acting up a bit so she stayed home from work, so I made her a nice big fry up for breakfast in bed! was very tempted to eat it myself how and ever :p

IMG-20120610-WA0003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭domcq

A few weeks ago I was e-mailed a "buy one main get one free" voucher for a popular Dublin restaurant chain (I'm on their mailing list). When printing the voucher, Instaed of printing off one copy for myself, I printed of three.

After dinner in the rstaurant, I asked two fellow diners if they had vouchers and they didn't. I handed over my spare vouchers and we all ate for half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ggsideways

Full-Time volunteer with the Dublin simon community the last 15 months, today is my last day but I look forward to the next experience. p.s. best year + in my life. amazing. i went with focus ireland at the end cuz they do great work too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

My mother looked after an elderly neighbour for 6 years after after his last family died. He was almost 90, lived alone in a rural area and couldn't drive. She called to him at least once a day to deliver fresh milk and a newspaper and did his grocery shopping when he needed anything. If she was away she made sure that someone called to check on him in her absence.
    This was more than kindness, she cared.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I built the new website for The Hungry Horse Outside Equine Rescue Center www.Hungryhorseoutside.com. Nobody knows it was me who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Drugness

I was driving back to Dublin on the M7on Sunday night just under 2weeks ago&got a puncture.I didnt have a flashlamp handy&had to change it in almost total darkness.I picked up a flashlamp 2days after. This week while driving on the M50 I spotted a motorist changing his outside tyre&I thought he needed not just help but more light. So I pulled in&assisted with the change&provided light also:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I (almost!) always go out of my way to help those in need, especially friends/family. From things as simple as going that little bit out of my way to leave them off to where they need to go, (or sometimes a big bit out of my way! :D), to giving up large chunks of time to help out when they need it. Be that lending a hand on something they are doing, to getting stuff for those that are sick, or simply being around to lend an ear when they need someone to talk/rant/moan to!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

made tea for work colleagues and posted it on Electric Ireland, shared via Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Looked out for an elderly neighbour making sure she was always OK

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lh

Last night I volunteered to do a stint at the blanchardstown centre for the local hospice selling raffle tickets for their car draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

At risk of appearing like a slightly early Christmas Grinch, can I suggest that if Electric Ireland has €100k to spare, they should consider reducing the bills of their customers, and letting their customers choose what to do with the money. Some of their customers are really struggling to keep their heads above water. I really don't want the well-paid Morketing team of Electric Ireland to be spending their time on expensive advertising campaigns about their great 'charidee' works. How much is Electric Ireland spending on the expensive advertising that I'm seeing around, like the huge billboard at Landsdowne DART station? Perhaps if you spent less on advertising, your customers would be better able to make their own donations to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I would like to nominate this man, whom I have never met.

He bought really nice bike which was offered to him for €70 which he presumed was stolen. He has now placed it on adverts in hope that he can reunite the bike with it's owner.

From the advert:
    So I was working in Dublin city centre the other day and I was offered a bike for €70, the bike was too good to turn down as it looked expensive so I handed over the money. I'm pretty sure the thing was stolen and I know how it feels to be robbed its not nice! The bike is a giant rapid and it ain't cheap! If anyone knows of anyone who got a giant rapid stolen let them know I have the bike and give me a text and I'll happily return it! I'm gonna pop into the garda station later on and see if one has been reported stolen! If no one claims it I'll have a clear conscience! Thanks!

He could have ignored the offer and got on with his life, or snapped up a decent bike for next-to nothing himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bgaughan

babysitting so my lovely wife and meet up for pre-christmas drinks with her mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Made a deadly fry for my girlfriend who received exam results yesterday and is hungoverrrrr!

230611-thumbnail_IMG_7838.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

I visit my neighbor every evening after school and bring in turf for him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

helped elderly neighbour with saorview changeover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Ok everyone, we're about to wrap up - stay tuned to see who's won the iPad! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

And the winner, chosen at random, is... Rynox45 with this post:
    Rynox45 wrote:
    Got up early to make everyone breakfast so they'd be distracted and I could pick up their Christmas presents in peace :)

Congratulations Rynox45, an iPad 2nd generation with 16GBs of storage and 3g will be on its way to you! :)

iPad2PK.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the contributions and the touching acts of kindness; reading through your posts is a remedy for anyone who may have lost faith in humanity... :)

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Cheers for picking up my iPad Rynox45!

I'll be over in a bit to take it off your hands, wouldn't want to burden you with it for much longer. :P

Seriously though congrats!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement