Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Wigan 17th Nov 3:00pm (Setanta 1)

• 17-11-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭

7mwqP.jpg

Brendan Rodgers has a selection headache ahead of Liverpool's game at home to Wigan on Saturday with Pepe Reina pushing for a recall in goal in place of Brad Jones after recovering from a hamstring problem.

Jonjo Shelvey (knee) and Martin Skrtel (virus) should return after missing last weekend's trip to Stamford Bridge, while Daniel Agger is confident of overcoming a groin strain to play, after pulling out of the Denmark squad in midweek.

Fabio Borini (foot) and Martin Kelly (knee) both remain absent for the Reds, and the game will come too soon for Lucas Leiva (thigh) after he returned to training earlier this week.

Wigan hope to welcome back on loan Arsenal winger Ryo Miyaichi ahead of their trip to Anfield following a groin injury, but James McArthur (thigh) remains doubtful.

Ali Al-Habsi is fit, despite concerns over a shoulder injury he picked up against West Brom, after playing for Oman during the week, as Roberto Martinez is expected to name an unchaged side for the third Premier League game in a row.

Antolin Alcaraz (groin) and Albert Crusat (knee) both remain long-term absentees for the Latics.

Confirmed Teams :

Possible (3-4-2-1) for LFC
    4WWM0l.jpg

Wigan: Al Habsi, Ramis, Caldwell, Figueroa, Boyce, Beausejour, Watson, McCarthy, Maloney, Di Santo, Kone

Subs: Pollitt, Jones, Gomez, McManaman, Boselli, Stam, Miyaichi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Supposed LFC Lineup:

Reina, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Suso, Assaidi, Sterling, Suarez.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It'd be nice to see a comfortable home win. It's been so long that I almost forget what it's like now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Crests are a bit big. :D

Reckon Martinez will be fired up for this one, and can see them nicking a narrow win.

3-0 to the Roberto Martinez experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

djPSB wrote: »
    Supposed LFC Lineup:

Reina, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Suso, Assaidi, Sterling, Suarez.
    I'd be surprised if Enrique doesn't start. Would be great to see Suso in the middle though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool are 6 games unbeaten in the league and Luckycharms74 is the reason we haven't won! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool are 6 games unbeaten in the league and Luckycharms74 is the reason we haven't won! :p

It could also be the reason we havent lost smileys-car-driving-120054.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »

Reckon Martinez will be fired up for this one, and can see them nicking a narrow win.

3-0 to the Roberto Martinez experience.

3-0 is hardly a narrow win is it?

Big is beautiful :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

My heart says 2-0 to the Pool but my head says 2-1 to Wigan.

Confirmed #LFC line-up: Reina; Wisdom, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson; Allen, Gerrard, Suso, Enrique; Sterling, Suarez #WAFC
    LFC subs: Jones, Sahin, Cole, Henderson, Coates, Carragher, Shelvey.

No Assaidi :( (thats just weird)

• Advertisement

Assaidi failed a fitness test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Assaidi failed a fitness test.

A lad on rawk who hasn't got a team wrong in the years I've seen him posting which I posted here last night on this forum said he wouldn't be in the team. He may be injured but he certainly didn't have a late fitness test. Those teams posted on twitter this morning were rubbish.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Cole on the bench :( ...i know Downing has not done much since he has been at Liverpool but surely he is a better option than Cole ffs

This it you think?

Reina;
    Wisdom-Skrtel--Agger,
    Johnson
    Enrique;
    Allen, Gerrard,
    Suso
    Suarez
    Sterling

LFC subs: Jones, Sahin, Cole, Henderson, Coates, Carragher, Shelvey.

opr wrote: »
    A lad on rawk who hasn't got a team wrong in the years I've seen him posting which I posted here last night on this forum said he wouldn't be in the team. He may be injured but he certainly didn't have a late fitness test. Those teams posted on twitter this morning were rubbish.

Opr

Liam Tomkins ‏@liam_tomkins
    Assaidi has a slight injury, hence Enrique's inclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

4 midfielders and 2 centre halfs on the bench. Joke of a bench from rodgers.

Wigan: Al Habsi, Ramis, Caldwell, Figueroa, Boyce, Beausejour, Watson, McCarthy, Maloney, Di Santo, Kone

Subs: Pollitt, Jones, Gomez, McManaman, Boselli, Stam, Miyaichi

Liam Tomkins ‏@liam_tomkins
    Assaidi has a slight injury, hence Enrique's inclusion.

I don't know who Liam Tomkins is and really don't care. Assaidi was never due to start today. If Enrique was not suppose to start why is the guy who's never wrong naming him in the line up yesterday.

Opr

I love it how you (or anyone) can make such firm declarations, how do you know, and don't say "some bloke off the internet told me"

I love it how you (or anyone) can make such firm declarations, how do you know, and don't say "some bloke off the internet told me"

I think before every league match this season the night before I've cross posted the team from the same poster who has been right every time. So again today he turns out to be right but instead I should believe some random twithead that Assaidi was in fact suppose to be starting? It's not too hard to follow the breadcrumbs Mike.

Opr

• Advertisement

I don't know who Liam Tomkins is and really don't care. Assaidi was never due to start today. If Enrique was not suppose to start why is the guy who's never wrong naming him in the line up yesterday.

Opr

I don't know who the guy on RAWK is. Liam Tomkins is a writer for Kopsource.

Anyway who cares.

Anyway on to the game. I'm hoping if we go 4-4-2 it will be Suso off Suarez with Sterling on the wing. Hopefully given Brendan's comments during the week this will be the case. I hate this phrase but we're entering 'Must win game' territory.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think before every league match this season the night before I've cross posted the team from the same poster who has been right every time. So again today he turns out to be right but instead I should believe some random twithead that Assaidi was in fact suppose to be starting? It's not too hard to follow the breadcrumbs Mike.

Opr

I don't understand the need for people to guess the line-ups and I do believe that most of it is guesswork rather than ITK stuff.

Just wait for the official confirmations. It's not as if you can do anything if you disagree!

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't understand the need for people to guess the line-ups and I do believe that most of it is guesswork rather than ITK stuff.

Just wait for the official confirmations. It's not as if you can do anything if you disagree!

This has nothing to do with the line-ups and more to do with Assaidi ;)

Opr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Im going 3-1 to Liverpool

Sterling,Suarez and Johnson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

No, nobody has a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Goal, Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Other half is due home any minute now to go car shopping, hoping shes late....

Looking forward to this, and hopefully three points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"Always the same" picked up by the microphone when cutting to the ads, on Sky, there.. I wonder what that was a reference to, ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Joe Cole on the bench....is there anyway we could charge him the price of a ticket at least?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

4 midfielders and 2 centre halfs on the bench. Joke of a bench from rodgers.
    Which of our proven Premier League strikers would you have liked to have seen on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

im actually a bit nervous about reina...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Have to win today. No excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Goal, Suarez.

hate that fckn joke myself.

4-2-3-1 good news

Also its good to see Pepe back, our goal doesnt look the same without him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Opr

Well he is lucky Jen Chang has left Liverpool or he might get something through is letterbox :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

jaykay74 wrote: »
    hate that fckn joke myself.

Aww didums.

Whats going on on LFCTV?

Live commentary but the camera only focuses on the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Anyone wrote: »
    Joe Cole on the bench....is there anyway we could charge him the price of a ticket at least?

He should also be paying for his kit too !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Not on Sopcast at all?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Which of our proven Premier League strikers would you have liked to have seen on the bench?

Were Suso, Sterling or Wisdom premier league proven 3 months ago? Why not have Ngoo or Morgan there if needed instead of one of the midfielders? How toothless would we be if Suarez went off injured? What about if Sterling went off as well? Not likely but certainly possible.

• Advertisement

No need to do that Luis!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Aww didums.

Whats going on on LFCTV?

Live commentary but the camera only focuses on the crowd.

Its always been like that,they dont have rights to show games live.

Meanwhile i cant load eircom sports hub to watch setanta , is there anything eircom can do right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Unlucky there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Dcully wrote: »
    Its always been like that,they dont have rights to show games live.

Meanwhile i cant load eircom sports hub to watch setanta , is there anything eircom can do right?

I only use it as a last resort and it's not working for me either

Suarez is too selfish.

Wigan are impressive so far.

Keeping the ball very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Suarez is too selfish.

I think Suarez suffers from a case of the Gerrard's in that he doesn't have confidence in players around him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Are the streams sh*t for anyone else?...on the only one I can get working players look like something from International Soccer on the C64.

Suarez does seem to be better away and Suso is currently being bypassed, all down the left side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Are the streams sh*t for anyone else?...on the only one I can get working players look like something from International Soccer on the C64.

I have one that has no commentary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement