Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Wigan 17th Nov 3:00pm (Setanta 1)

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

I'm more poking fun at these folks who completely rubbished him in the last few weeks. Apparently he's too one-footed. Apparently he's no good defensively. Apparently when he goes forward, he's liablity. Apparently he's got no intelligence. The list goes on and on. Even against Chelsea, when neutrals thought he was decent, segments of our own support criticised him. It's just bizarre. Reina is getting the same treatment at the moment, even though he's the best goalkeeper this club has had in my memory (that includes Dudek and Grobbelaar).

Apparently there was plenty of evidence to back up their assertions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm more poking fun at these folks who completely rubbished him in the last few weeks. Apparently he's too one-footed. Apparently he's no good defensively. Apparently when he goes forward, he's liablity. Apparently he's got no intelligence. The list goes on and on. Even against Chelsea, when neutrals thought he was decent, segments of our own support criticised him. It's just bizarre. Reina is getting the same treatment at the moment, even though he's the best goalkeeper this club has had in my memory (that includes Dudek and Grobbelaar).

I think the 12 assists and 2 goals in 180 games means that he has been rubbish going forward for all of his career in England.

Rodgers is trolling the fcuk out of us by playing Downing at LB and Enrique at LW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I think the 12 assists and 2 goals in 180 games means that he has been rubbish going forward for all of his career in England.

Rodgers is trolling the fcuk out of us being pretty shrewd by playing Downing at LB and Enrique at LW.

FYP

He's got a £20 million "winger" who couldn't finish his dinner or cross a road. Downing is merely an upmarket Kevin Kilbane. And, as with Skillers himself, the longer term solution is push him to full back, where he can use his stamina and energy better before ultimately offloading him for an horrendous net loss*.

Had to laugh at the ESPN article though - "Liverpool are ready to listen to offers for the 28-year-old, who became the fourth-biggest signing in the club's history when he signed from Aston Villa for £20 million 18 months ago.......Liverpool are resigned to making a loss on the winger but hope to attract around £10 million for him in January, with Rodgers planning to use the cash to fund bids for attacking players."

If he goes for anything over £6 million i'd be amazed and there will not be a long queue for his signature. Stick him at left back, hope he shines in that role, and you might get one of the newly promoted sides coming in for him. I'm thinking QPR.

* Thought it's been too long since 'net spend' has been discussed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Amusing that Enrique went from being excellent, to completely crap, and is now good again.
    Any criticsm he got was warranted but yeah, hard to deny that he's picked up his game recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Amusing that Enrique went from being excellent, to completely crap, and is now good again.

Amusing? No. Surprising? No.

It works like this:

- dude plays a half season where he puts in consistently good performances. Fans reasonably say he's doing well;
    - dude then plays over half a season where he puts in consistently ropey performances. Fans reasonably say he's playing rubbish and should be benched;
    - dude also seems distracted, has lost a step of pace, etc. Fans reasonably wonder what the story is;
    - dude then puts in two excellent performances in a row. Fans reasonably say he's played well the last two games;

Real simple stuff. Your posts on this topic are rather cringe worthy. Might want to sort that out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Jaysus lads ye beat Wigan and ye are still talking about it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

deisedave wrote: »
    Jaysus lads ye beat Wigan and ye are still talking about it :D

Wow. Well spotted. Do come back Sherlock.

Advertisement