Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer trouble

Options
  • 17-11-2012 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi guys,

My wireless HP printer is printing blank horizontal lines across the pages as in attached photo, any help to remedy the problem would be greatly appreciated.
    229007.JPG

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Is it an inkjet printer? If so, and you don't print much, then it's probably dried ink clogging up the little holes on the print head.

Is the ink cartridge old?

If it's brand new, just return it.

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pat_cork

How would I tell if it's an inkjet printer? It says HP photosmart on it that's any help.

I haven't used it in about 3 months but but the cartridges that are in it now haven't got much use. Do you have any other suggestions before I try new cartridges?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Blindside87

If you haven't used it in a while its more than likely the print head. DO 2 -3 cleans and see if there is any improvement.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Boil a kettle and when it finishes boiling hold the ink heads (chip) of both cartridges over the steam the kettle emits (don't shake them and remember they can leak ink so don't put them near clothes etc.). Then dabble both ink heads gently in a bit of kichen towel. Try replacing the cartridges and seeing if things improve. The steam should cause the dryed ink to start flowing again

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement