Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Credit Book

Options
  • 17-11-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

I opened my a/c a few years ago and got this credit book, I can see that they're lodgement slips but what way do you use them? It's just been sitting here for the last few years :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

It's probably a quite complicated process, but here goes...

a) Carefully tear one of the slips from the book...

b) Write on the slip (where it may say 'amount') - the sum of the lodgment you are going to make...

c) E.G. lets say you are going to lodge a cheque for E100 - then write E100 in that 'amount' box on the slip...

d) Bring both the slip and the cheque to your bank and say hand them to one of the cashiers or counter staff...

e) Now here's the leap of faith bit - if everything has gone to plan the amount on the slip (which was equal to the amount of the cheque in our example above) will miraculosly appear on your account as a 'lodgment'...

f) If that doesn't work, you could always burn them... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

When your lodging money, just hand the book to them, don't waste your energy writing at all, they will do it :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I just bin mine, and use my card instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

But they do have a use. For instance you could have multiple properties with all tenants all paying into the one account. You could give each tenant a different lodgement book and the number on each slip would start with a different range of numbers.

When looking at your account statement you could see which tenant had paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

amen wrote: »
    But they do have a use. For instance you could have multiple properties with all tenants all paying into the one account. You could give each tenant a different lodgement book and the number on each slip would start with a different range of numbers.

When looking at your account statement you could see which tenant had paid.

Is that a I have multiple houses post :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

pjmn wrote: »
    It's probably a quite complicated process, but here goes...

a) Carefully tear one of the slips from the book...

b) Write on the slip (where it may say 'amount') - the sum of the lodgment you are going to make...

c) E.G. lets say you are going to lodge a cheque for E100 - then write E100 in that 'amount' box on the slip...

d) Bring both the slip and the cheque to your bank and say hand them to one of the cashiers or counter staff...

e) Now here's the leap of faith bit - if everything has gone to plan the amount on the slip (which was equal to the amount of the cheque in our example above) will miraculosly appear on your account as a 'lodgment'...

f) If that doesn't work, you could always burn them... :rolleyes:

*nods* Not sure if I'm capable of mastering such an art, but God loves a trier!

I wasn't sure if it was for giving to someone else or what, but I have it now, thanks :D

Advertisement