Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloak Hack / Pharma Hack on website

Options
  • 17-11-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Looking for a bit of help with something if anyone has ever heard of this. Im fairly new to web design and have come across a cloak hack on my site. Basically, when you google the website, underneath it will bring up spam links for various pharmacy medicines (not a medicinal site!). When you click any of these links it brings you to my site. Im using Wordpress and its the latest version. I've taken the following steps
    Scanned the site - clean.
    Trawled through tons of .php files looking for suspicious code in the them etc - can't find anything.
    Fetched as Google - comes up normal
    Scanned site on Google for malware - clean
    Changed file permissions to increase security
    Changed passwords of all users on the site
    Blocked comments on the site.

Id love to learn how to fix this if anyone could help out - can PM the URL. At the moment im a bit lost at what to do next. Would really appreciate it if anyone has any advice/guidance.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement