Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diabetic Chocolate

Options
  • 17-11-2012 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get some nice Diabetic chocolates as part of an Xmas pressie, but as I have never tried Diabetic chocolate myself, I'm not sure which ones are nice and which aren't.

Is there any, good-quality ones that you would recommend? I'd prefer something that's not too expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Thorntons do a nice range of diabetic chocolate. It tastes like the normal kind!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I'm looking to get some nice Diabetic chocolates

Trust me, it doesn't exist. Diabetic chocolate is horrible waxy stuff and the taste isn't really the best. Personally I prefer a small piece of good quality dark chocolate rather than having to go near the diabetic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Zaph wrote: »
    Trust me, it doesn't exist. Diabetic chocolate is horrible waxy stuff and the taste isn't really the best. Personally I prefer a small piece of good quality dark chocolate rather than having to go near the diabetic stuff.

Second this.
    My boyf's diabetic and the diabetic nurse told him most diabetic chocolate can be high in fat to make up for the fact there's no sugar.
    She recommended eating two squares of dark chocolate in moderation instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

there's a Hershey's sugar free chocolates. ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'd rather eat diabetic chocolate than Hersheys! The smell of vomit from it is enough to put me off. Why the Americans think it's a good idea to use soured milk when they're making chocolate is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 jene

Have you ever tried Xylitol chocolate? (The name sounds a bit chemicaly but its a sweetener from corn hobs) I think it tastes pretty good, it comes mostly in bars though, and dark chocolate with 70%+ cacao solids, you can get a few different flavours like orange, mint and coffee.
    Not sure where you can get it here maybe try health food stores, but you can get it online.
    I know ive seen Thortons diabetic assortment which would look better as a gift but ive never tasted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Lindt do an 85% and 90% Cocoa chocolate, and Green and black do a very nice 85% dark range. Neither push me sugar levels up too much, both in Tesco.

Advertisement