Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family friendly restaurants in D1

Options
  • 17-11-2012 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any family friendly restaurants around the IFSC ?

I got in touch with the MV Cill Arnie last night after seeing it mentioned on another thread. They are over 18 only.

I thought that family unfriendly restaurants had gone the way of the dinosaur.

Need suggestions for after my graduation this week.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Have you tried the Admiral on Marlborough Street?

It isnt the IFSC but its north city centre and the IFSC side of Oconnell St.

Its family friendly, hosts lots of wedding parties and its nice food and decor. A kind of nautical theme.

or have a look on www.menupages.ie it has about 200 places listed in the north city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

liffeylite wrote: »

Its family friendly, hosts lots of wedding parties and its nice food and decor. A kind of nautical theme.

or have a look on www.menupages.ie it has about 200 places listed in the north city centre.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check out menu pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Milanos caters for kids & families. Even a play area for them at weekends. But not sure if that's what you have in mind for a graduation meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Milanos on the quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

McDonalds. 2 of them on O'Connell Street :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

not in the ISSC but the kingfisher on prenell street is very family friendly, i was there on wednesday and the gave my 1 year old free jelly & ice cream
    the food is amazing as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

not in the ISSC but the kingfisher on prenell street is very family friendly, i was there on wednesday and the gave my 1 year old free jelly & ice cream
    the food is amazing as well

I'm starting to think you work in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

liffeylite wrote: »

Admiral is an eastern european restaurant, and having eaten there a few times, they don't do it very well imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Dancor wrote: »
    I'm starting to think you work in there.

i dont. i just like the food a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

bumped into a work colleague with twins and a new born in bar italia on friday - staff were all over then, first time my friend and her husband had a bit of a date night but with the children within sight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I got in touch with the MV Cill Arnie last night after seeing it mentioned on another thread. They are over 18 only.

I thought that family unfriendly restaurants had gone the way of the dinosaur.

It's basic health and safety on the ship. You do have to cross gaps over the water to board and to use the toilets. This would be the primary reason I would imagine.

The dining room is also small with a low ceiling, no space for running around and a crying child would certainly disturb other diners.

Advertisement