Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Sick pigeon

• 17-11-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi all, yesterday morning there was a pigron in my back garden,, it looked as if it was about to die, their eyes were closed and it wssnt moving. About 6 o clock he was gone. I was out last night but ehen I got up this morning I found him st the sdide of the house, eyes open and hobbling around. I would say he has a broken leg and wing. He has a little friend that keeps coming back yo him, its sweet.

Anyway, im not sure what to do. All the vets are closed till tomorrow, even if I brought him to the vets would they do anything? Whst sdhould I be doing for him food wise? I left out doggy biscuts and water. Should I make a bed for him? I dont want to take him inside because of his friend. What should I do? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hi all, yesterday morning there was a pigron in my back garden,, it looked as if it was about to die, their eyes were closed and it wssnt moving. About 6 o clock he was gone. I was out last night but ehen I got up this morning I found him st the sdide of the house, eyes open and hobbling around. I would say he has a broken leg and wing. He has a little friend that keeps coming back yo him, its sweet.

Anyway, im not sure what to do. All the vets are closed till tomorrow, even if I brought him to the vets would they do anything? Whst sdhould I be doing for him food wise? I left out doggy biscuts and water. Should I make a bed for him? I dont want to take him inside because of his friend. What should I do? Thanks.

Where are you based?

Can you get some birdseed for him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

How does it react if you approach? Are it's feathers ruffled/messy? Does it have a bracelet or anklet?
    Bairbre O'Malley is an avian vet by McDonald's in bray, veterinary.ie is her website with contact details, they may still be open? You could ring for advice. Otherwise there's a clinic that operates out of the UCD vet hospital but they require a €200 deposit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

How does it react if you approach? Are it's feathers ruffled/messy? Does it have a bracelet or anklet?
    Bairbre O'Malley is an avian vet by McDonald's in bray, veterinary.ie is her website with contact details, they may still be open? You could ring for advice. Otherwise there's a clinic that operates out of the UCD vet hospital but they require a €200 deposit!

He tries to hobble away when I get close, he looks fine just sitting there only become apparent there is an issue when he tries to move. I cant bring him to ucd as its too far and I have to work tonight. Was planning on bringing him to bairbre on monday all the vets seem to close at 12 or one on Saturdays., but my bf was saying that no vet would take him in as pigeons are seen as vermin, surely thats not true? Will go get birdseed and leave it close to him. Poor little thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

There is a man just inside the gates of Marino College in Drumcondra who takes in wild birds. I cannot remember his name unfortunately but he is wonderful if you could get the bird to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

You should be able to find someone to help you here http://www.irishwildlifematters.ie/animals/contacts.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement