Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out date

Options
  • 17-11-2012 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever heard that the moving out date must match the moving in date? I'm going to call Threshold/PRTB on monday, but am just wondering. I was under the impression that I could hand in 28 days notice to finish on any of the month, it doesn't have to match up to the date I moved in. There is no term on the lease.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If you are on a part 4 tenancy then the moving out date would be the last day of your notice period. This is in on way tied to the date that you moved in; it is tied to the date on which you gave notice.

The only way it would be tied to your moving in date would be if you had a fixed term lease and you intended to move out when the lease expired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Thanks. It's not part 4, I'm here less than 6 months. There is no minimum lease term written on the lease, and I was also verbally told I could move out whenever, giving notice obviously. Which I did, 28 days, but now they are being difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Even if youre not yet on a part 4 tenancy you are still obliged to give minimuim 28 days notice. This is in no way tied into the date in which you moved in. They can be as difficult as they want; the law is on your side.

Advertisement