Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitoring you broadband usage?

• 17-11-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

Is there a way to monitor my broadband usage (computer and iphone)? It's a shared apt and I don't want to be running up a large bill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Like I replied in your other post your usage pattern is just fine between you and your housemates.

To monitor your usage on multiple devices you would need a router with this feature. Unfortunatly you cannot do this with UPC's hardware nor can you change the router that comes with UPC.

The workaround is to get a router with dd-wrt or tomato firmware on it and bridge it on the UPC router (not possible with some of their hardware)

If you want some more information on it post back but to be honest you don't need to do it at all.

Advertisement