Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Card

Options
  • 17-11-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi, I recently got a Visa Debit card from Bank Of Ireland. I have activated it using an ATM and it works perfectly to withdraw money, but will not seem to be accepted for online payment. I have tried to register my card with both Paypal and Amazon, both times it has been rejected, saying the card number is not correct. I have sufficient money in my account and I am entering all the right information, to no avail. I'm under 18, I don't know would that affect being able to buy online or not though. Any ideas why my card isn't being accepted? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi missguided,

Thanks for your query. Your age shouldn't affect your ability to use your card for online purchases. We'd advise you to contact Banking365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to look into it further for you.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Davy1719

I'm am having the same problem, I was trying to make a purchase on amazon and it said card number invalid. How many digits are it the card number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Davy1719,

A debit card number has 16 digits.
    Please make sure you are choosing the correct card type on Amazon, before you key in your card number.

If the issue continues, I would advise calling Banking 365 on 0818 365 365/ 00 353 1 4044000 and a representative will look into it further for you.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement