Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW13 Transfers

• 17-11-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Jussi/Begovic

Baines/Rafael/McAuley/Caulker/Demel

Michu/Fellaini/Walters/Mata/Nolan

Rooney/Berbatov/Tevez

£1.8m in the bank

Seriously considering taking a 4 point hit tonight to do the following

Walters --> David Silva
    Rooney --> Suarez

Leaving £0.4m in the bank

I'm well aware of Fellaini being suspended and Suarez one yellow away from the same but I dont think thats a deciding factor here. Both hopefully be coming in for the long haul. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Would say a definite yes had you a double free transfer but a 4 point hit to bring in Silva away to Chelsea next weekend isn't ideal.

I'd go ahead with the Rooney to Suarez move anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Tevez in for Ba?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Would say a definite yes had you a double free transfer but a 4 point hit to bring in Silva away to Chelsea next weekend isn't ideal.

I'd go ahead with the Rooney to Suarez move anyway.

I will do the Rooney --> Suarez transfer anyways (leave it till late though in case any news emerges!)

£9.7m to spend if I get rid of Walters, I'm prepared to to take a 4 point hit for a long term big hitter. With Fellaini suspended and Walters being extremely average, I think I need to make a change to have a decent midfield! I watched ManC versus Villa today and he looked like the player that was so undroppable for a large part of last season.

Oh getting Silva in is the way to go.

I just wouldn't be a fan of taking a 4 point hit in this current situation. Walters could easily outscore Silva next weekend given the relative fixtures. You're basically taking a 4 point hit to get Silva in before a potential .3m rise and that no longer makes the decision as clear cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

enrique in for baines? any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Gotta get rid of Jelavic, one of my biggest mistakes so far was to get him in for Tevez. Who to bring in though is the question with so many strikers in form. Have RVP & Berbs & had my eye on Giroud who scored today. But have no City cover whatsoever so it would definitely be Tevez IF City weren't playing Chelski next week. Decisions Decision. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Given an option between Tevez and Silva, (I'll make transfers accordingly), who would you choose for City coverage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

NN215 wrote: »

I was thinking along the same lines. Enrique seems pretty lively at the back.

Would it be madness to transfer Ba for Suarez? Ba has Southampton and Suarez is one yellow away from suspension. My rivals all have Suarez though and its killing me each week. Plus I wont be able to afford him if he rises in price any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    I was thinking along the same lines. Enrique seems pretty lively at the back.

yeah, and he's really went up the field to attack.
    baines is too expensive for someone who scored 1 point this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

did a super exciting Figueroa-->Enrique. Been dying to get that Wigan lad out of my team for ages. Team actually looks ok for next week. I have no Suarez, no Silva, no Tevez, no Aguero, but ah well, ya can't have em all!!

team as it stands Jussi Mignolet
    Rafael Baines Enrique Shawcross Cuellar
    Fellaini Michu Cazorla Sterling Mata
    Rvp Lambert Ba

Not a sheckel in the bank :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

tevez + morrison or silva + berba?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

darego wrote: »
    tevez + morrison or silva + berba?

Silva & Berb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Hazard -> Silva for me.

This is my team at the moment.

Jaas/Begovic

Cameron/Rafael/Hangeland/Clark/Clyne
    Mata/Silva/Michu/Cazorla/Kacannikic
    Fletcher/RVP/Ba

0.9 in the bank.

Next week transfer I may do Berba -> Fletcher and Fellani -> Cazorla after his suspension is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Can't decide between
    Piennar+ Simpson= Wisdom +Silva
    or Michu + McCauley= Silva+ Enrique

No idea what to do with my team.

Suarez? Enrique? Walcott? Silva?

Think I'm going to have to wait until Friday with them all costing .3 million more by then. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Unless Berbatov scores a goal or two today i'm going to transfer him out for Suarez leaving me with a front 3 of

VP Tevez Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

I've a midfield of ...
    Michu
    Hazard
    Fellaini
    Sterling
    Santi

Who would you guys sell in order to bring in Silva. Or should I just kwave well enough alone?
    RVP, Suarez, and Ba up front.
    I have no City cover and think I need some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Baines and Berba out for Enrique and Suarez,now i know i have 3 Pool players but i will sell Enrique pretty soon,i just wanted to get Suarez and only had 5.7 left for a defender.

I have a front 3 of Suarez--RVP--Tevez now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

G1032 wrote: »
    I've a midfield of ...
    Michu
    Hazard
    Fellaini
    Sterling
    Santi

Who would you guys sell in order to bring in Silva. Or should I just kwave well enough alone?
    RVP, Suarez, and Ba up front.
    I have no City cover and think I need some.
    I would consider transfering out Hazard for Silva and Santi for Mata if you need Chelsea cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭aca101

Thinking il ditch Tevez now, his next four are Chelsea and Wigan away and Everton and United at home. Not great fixtures really. Thinking of swapping Baines and Tevez for Suarez and Cole.....madness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I would consider transfering out Hazard for Silva and Santi for Mata if you need Chelsea cover.
    I was thinking of ditching Hazard alright. It will leave no Chelsea cover but I can sort that later.
    My only concern is that Silva is away to Chelsea next week. I'll keep an eye on Silvas price and if it begins to move quickly I'll get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

1.0 in bank with 2 tansfers: Lescott and Ba gone for Garrido and Suarez.

Was hard holding onto the transfer this week and not taking a points hit, especially watching the Liverpool match.

Gives me RVP, Tevez and Suarez up front with .6 to spend on upgrading Mc Carthy next week. Heres hoping it was worth the wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Federici begovic
    Lescott hangaland demel mertesacker rafael
    Bale michu pienaar sterling Morrison
    Suarez tevez ba
    2 f/t 2.7 mil in bank

Am def selling lescott. Who else would ye suggest & their replacements? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

honeybear wrote: »
    Federici begovic
    Lescott hangaland demel mertesacker rafael
    Bale michu pienaar sterling Morrison
    Suarez tevez ba
    2 f/t 2.7 mil in bank

Am def selling lescott. Who else would ye suggest & their replacements? Cheers

Maybe Cuellar and Mata/Hazard/Silva for Lescott and Pienaar?

Lescott --> Gorkss or Fonte

Depends on whether you want to double up on goalkeepers/defenders or not.

3 at the back this season is a must and you have good enough in Hangeland, Mertesacker, Rafael & Demel so go cheap for your 5th choice and spend the saving on elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I have a couple of ideas of what I want to do but I'd be interested to see what ideas others may say, without me 'guiding' the advice!

Current team is:
    Begovic, Jussi
    Baines, McAuley, Cuellar, S. Taylor, Baird
    Hazard, Bale, Michu, Pienaar, Sterling
    RVP, Ba, Lambert

Have 2FT and £1.0 in the bank.

All suggestions gratefully received!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Benimar wrote: »
    I have a couple of ideas of what I want to do but I'd be interested to see what ideas others may say, without me 'guiding' the advice!

Current team is:
    Begovic, Jussi
    Baines, McAuley, Cuellar, S. Taylor, Baird
    Hazard, Bale, Michu, Pienaar, Sterling
    RVP, Ba, Lambert

Have 2FT and £1.0 in the bank.

All suggestions gratefully received!

Pienaar and Hazard are not really doing much FF these days,Mata and Fellani can be gotten for the same money i think or near enough.
    Or you could get Silva in for Hazard.
    Defence looks solid but i would not have Lambert but that is my choice

GK's are fine.

S. Taylor could be sold for a cheaper player that is getting more points. WHU defenders are offering good value for money but make your choice wisely as some players are coming back from injury. Baines, McAuley & Cuellar are solid enough 1st choices.

Fellaini > Pienaar although with his suspension, transferring him in this week would be foolish. Sterling is a decent 5th choice player.

Your frontline has performed well and has offered good value for money but you should check fixture lists etc.

Demba Ba, Southampton (A), Stoke City (A), Wigan (H), Fulham (A), Man City (H) and you have 2 Europa League fixtures in between some of those to contend with.

Rickie Lambert doesnt have a game in GW17, something to be aware of also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

NN215 wrote: »

Thinking of that move myself but may wait till Baines gets Norwich out of the way next week. I also have another transfer to make and do not want to take a 4 pt hit.

Advertisement