Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW13 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ba is away to Southampton next.

that statement is for those looking to transfer him out nice and quickly this GW for Tevez or Suarez.

they're away to Chelsea and Swansea respectively.

yes, they're must haves with the way they're playing, but it's not an easy decision this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ba is away to Southampton next.

that statement is for those looking to transfer him out nice and quickly this GW for Tevez or Suarez.

they're away to Chelsea and Swansea respectively.

yes, they're must haves with the way they're playing, but it's not an easy decision this week.

Newcastle have a Europa League match this week, not so simple now! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

0.2 in the bank. 2 FT this week.

Current squad

Jussi/Schwarzer

Gibbs(injured)/Lowton/Ivanovic/Reid/McCauley

Mata/Pienaar/Noble/Morrisson/Sterling

RVP/Ba/Tevez

I don't know what I should do this week. Any help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

BroLo wrote: »
    0.2 in the bank. 2 FT this week.

Current squad

Jussi/Schwarzer

Gibbs(injured)/Lowtin/Ivanovic/Reid/McCauley

Mata/Pienaar/Noble/Morrisson/Sterling

RVP/Ba/Tevez

I don't know what I should do this week. Any help?

maybe get rid of gibbs, maybe for cuellar give you some more money, whos lowtin?:confused:

Eldoco wrote: »
    maybe get rid of gibbs, maybe for cuellar give you some more money, whos lowtin?:confused:

Lowton, typo my bad.

team currently..

jussi,bega

ridgewell,hughes,shawcross,clarke,demel,

santi,silva,mata,michu,sterling

rvp,jelavic,berba

was thinking clarke to cuellar

have 1 ft and 0.1 in the bank

Dempsey wrote: »
    Newcastle have a Europa League match this week, not so simple now! :pac:

he hasn't played a Europa League game yet.

Newcy will play Shola and Cissé in that game, I'm almost sure. and the rest of the team will be much changed.

tiredness won't be an issue.

Lowton, typo my bad.

id go with the gibbs move anyways, might give you more cash to inject into the midfield..

id go with the gibbs move anyways, might give you more cash to inject into the midfield..

Yea, I'm thinking Gibbs -> Ceullar to earn cash for Pienaar -> Fellaini.

I also would like to get Suarez in at some point but I'll wait until after he gets suspended. Those 4 yellow cards are worrying!

• Advertisement

Yea, I'm thinking Gibbs -> Ceullar to earn cash for Pienaar -> Fellaini.

I also would like to get Suarez in at some point but I'll wait until after he gets suspended. Those 4 yellow cards are worrying!

fellaini is currently suspended, he got his 5th booking?

id lvoe to get suarez in to just cant se how i can afford him

I mean next week I'll get Fel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

he hasn't played a Europa League game yet.

Newcy will play Shola and Cissé in that game, I'm almost sure. and the rest of the team will be much changed.

tiredness won't be an issue.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2915/europa-league/2012/11/18/3538145/pardew-targets-europa-league-success-after-latest-newcastle-home-?source=breakingnews

Pardew is likely to change his selection policy to get a win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I just noticed something quite big that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere that will effect my plans for this week.

Upcoming fixtures

Midweek European Games
    Weekend PL Games
    Midweek PL Games
    Weekend PL Games

oh no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I just noticed something quite big that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere that will effect my plans for this week.

Upcoming fixtures

Midweek European Games
    Weekend PL Games
    Midweek PL Games
    Weekend PL Games

oh no!

This is where a 'playable' bench comes in. One or two suspensions/injuries added to the obligatory 'resting' of players and some could struggle to field 11. Makes picking a Captain a pain in the ass as well.

Everton, Stoke and West Ham players will be valuable commodities as they have no European football and their managers don't tend to 'tinker'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Benimar wrote: »
    This is where a 'playable' bench comes in. One or two suspensions/injuries added to the obligatory 'resting' of players and some could struggle to field 11. Makes picking a Captain a pain in the ass as well.

Everton, Stoke and West Ham players will be valuable commodities as they have no European football and their managers don't tend to 'tinker'.

This. If you have any fodder on the bench, now is the time to upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Right now would be the time to get Steven Fletcher in. The lad has 4 home games in the next 5 and seems to have picked up some confidence after his goal & assist (Including One sublime finish last gameweek)

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Right now would be the time to get Steven Fletcher in. The lad has 4 home games in the next 5 and seems to have picked up some confidence after his goal & assist (Including One sublime finish last gameweek)

strikers are currently RVP,berba,jelavic was thinking off swappin out jelavic for him but i think jelavic might score more this week with the absence of fellaini

strikers are currently RVP,berba,jelavic was thinking off swappin out jelavic for him but i think jelavic might score more this week with the absence of fellaini

Retrospectively, he could also underperform without Fellaini's support. It could swing either way.

Fletcher's next few fixtures seem promising enough, given his form:

24 Nov 12:45 Gameweek 13 West Brom (H)
    27 Nov 19:45 Gameweek 14 QPR (H)
    02 Dec 16:00 Gameweek 15 Norwich (A)
    08 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 16 Chelsea (H) << DGW :D
    11 Dec 19:45 Gameweek 16 Reading (H) << DGW :D
    15 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 17 Man Utd (A)
    22 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 18 Southampton (A)

Might take a hit or wait another gameweek to get him in.

Retrospectively, he could also underperform without Fellaini's support. It could swing either way.

Fletcher's next few fixtures seem promising enough, given his form:

24 Nov 12:45 Gameweek 13 West Brom (H)
    27 Nov 19:45 Gameweek 14 QPR (H)
    02 Dec 16:00 Gameweek 15 Norwich (A)
    08 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 16 Chelsea (H) << DGW :D
    11 Dec 19:45 Gameweek 16 Reading (H) << DGW :D
    15 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 17 Man Utd (A)
    22 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 18 Southampton (A)

Might take a hit or wait another gameweek to get him in.

ill wait till next week,hopefully jelavic can do someting hes really been under performing this year..already did the exciting transfer of clarke to cuellar

ill wait till next week,hopefully jelavic can do someting hes really been under performing this year..already did the exciting transfer of clarke to cuellar

Heh, a lot of people (including me) seem to have fore-planned getting in 3 Sunderland players before the Double gameweek. I'm going to do a swap for Sessegnon in > Fellaini out one week before the DGW and then maybe bring Fellaini back in for the next gameweek (and onwards) depending on his form.

• Advertisement

Fletcher or even Adam Johnson is tempting.

the only thing is, i don't think that performance against Fulham should be much of a barometer for how they will play.

they're as toothless as ever.

the only thing is, i don't think that performance against Fulham should be much of a barometer for how they will play.

Well, you never know. They have some fantastic creative midfield players. Seb Larsson, Sessegnon, McClean & Johnson. Struggled to find a bit of flow when going into the final third of the pitch, though. The next few gameweeks at home could be just what the doctor ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Heh, a lot of people (including me) seem to have fore-planned getting in 3 Sunderland players before the Double gameweek. I'm going to do a swap for Sessegnon in > Fellaini out one week before the DGW and then maybe bring Fellaini back in for the next gameweek (and onwards) depending on his form.

I'm looking at Cuellar for Clark, and might bring Fletcher back for the double depending on how he does over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've already got Mignolet and will consider Fletch/random midfielder. But I think 3 is pushing your luck. Remember, one game is against Chelsea, and Sunderland have been poor. If it backfires, that's up to three players you have to get rid of after.

I've already got Mignolet and will consider Fletch/random midfielder. But I think 3 is pushing your luck. Remember, one game is against Chelsea, and Sunderland have been poor. If it backfires, that's up to three players you have to get rid of after.

That's the point. It could swing either way. I'm still going to go ahead with this gamble though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

the thing is, it might give them a confidence boost though. the talent has always been there. teams like to go on runs. this might be Sunderland's time

Okay folks, food for thought for the next couple of gameweeks onwards.

1. Is it worth getting in Pablo Hernandez (He's showing great potential, scouted him during his Valencia days too since I follow the LigaBBVA, he seems to have adapted to the EPL beautifully) + a 3.8 defender (who will be forever benched since I play a 3 man defense) >> I'll get the 3.8 defender in for either of McCartney/Gorkks (who would you suggest I take out?)

OR

2. Should I upgrade either of McCartney/Gorkks to a 4.2 defender who I might never use?

Really, really want to get Pablo Hernandez in (even if it is to be at the cost of Sterling and the 0.6 I have in bank).. Might turn out to be a fantastic differential, he's already showing the signs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

1. Is it worth getting in Pablo Hernandez (He's showing great potential, scouted him during his Valencia days too since I follow the LigaBBVA, he seems to have adapted to the EPL beautifully) + a 3.8 defender (who will be forever benched since I play a 3 man defense) >> I'll get the 3.8 defender in for either of McCartney/Gorkks (who would you suggest I take out?)

OR

2. Should I upgrade either of McCartney/Gorkks to a 4.2 defender who I might never use?

Really, really want to get Pablo Hernandez in (even if it is to be at the cost of Sterling and the 0.6 I have in bank).. Might turn out to be a fantastic differential, he's already showing the signs.

As soon as i see that word I'm always nervous :p

Another point to note is that Clichy seems to have tied down a spot at City...

As soon as i see that word I'm always nervous :p

Lol, my other 4 midfielders are pretty good: Bale, Silva, Fellaini & Mata. I can afford a differential :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

roryc wrote: »
    Another point to note is that Clichy seems to have tied down a spot at City...

for now. never trust any other City defender other than Kompany

Lol, my other 4 midfielders are pretty good: Bale, Silva, Fellaini & Mata. I can afford a differential :D
    I'm considering the Michu to Hernandez switch but I'd only doing it to make money to bring in Enrique.

Given your midfield I'd stick with who you have. Save your transfer for next week if you're finding it difficult to strengthen a certain area.

I'm considering the Michu to Hernandez switch but I'd only doing it to make money to bring in Enrique.

Given your midfield I'd stick with who you have. Save your transfer for next week if you're finding it difficult to strengthen a certain area.

Thanks, I'll do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Kacanaklic up as injured until Dec 10.

So dumped him for Sterling. Bit slow getting on the Sterling train, but better late than never, he'll go up at least another .2 this week I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kacanaklic and Ruiz both looking at 3 weeks out.

For those with Berba i would be worried as these 2 were the creative force along with Berba recently.
    These two missing are sure to effect Berba's returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

1. Is it worth getting in Pablo Hernandez (He's showing great potential, scouted him during his Valencia days too since I follow the LigaBBVA, he seems to have adapted to the EPL beautifully) .

You have a scouting system thats great maybe thats why im not as high up the table as Id hope to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I know they've been doing well recently, but is anyone thinking of getting rid of West Ham defender/Jussi? They've a horrible run coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

He hasn't played a game since?. How could he have seemed to have more confidence?.Were you watching him in training ? :P I wpuldn't be in any rush to brinh him in,Sunderland just arn't scoring enough goals(excluding 10 man fulham)

manual_man wrote: »
    for now. never trust any other City defender other than Kompany

Started 8 of the last 9 games, playing the full 90 in 7 of them. That's consistent enough for me. Clichy is a great player, well capable of getting an assist and I expect City's defence to keep tightening right up now.

No clean sheets all season then they pull 3 in their last 4. I'll be looking at bringing in Cuellar for the DGW then shipping him out after GW16 for Clichy (if he has started every game since). City's following 5 fixtures:

Gameweek 17 Newcastle (A)
    Gameweek 18 Reading (H)
    Gameweek 19 Sunderland (A)
    Gameweek 20 Norwich (A)
    Gameweek 21 Stoke City (H)

McAuley hasn't produced the goods after a solid start and for a similar price Clichy has much more to offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Ive gone with the extremely exciting move of Jääskeläinen to Ruddy this week freeing up a bit of extra cash! I made the move simply because i had 3 West Ham players in my team (McCartney and Nolan being the others) and Ruddy alternates well with my other keeper Begovic.

Due to Fellaini's suspension ill have to play a 4-3-3 formation this week as Kacaniklic is injured now too!:rolleyes:

Ended up on 33 this week almost 20 below the average and im fairly sure my worst score since ive started playing!

Have a few ideas of players i want to bring in slowly over the next few weeks though, namely Silva and Suarez but it will mean sacrificing Baines and his hefty price tag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Very strongly considering shipping Fellaini for a Sunderland midfielder considering Fellaini will only play 3 games against tricky opposition in the next 4 GWs to Sunderland's 5 against soft enough opposition.

Anyone any thoughts?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Very strongly considering shipping Fellaini for a Sunderland midfielder considering Fellaini will only play 3 games against tricky opposition in the next 4 GWs to Sunderland's 5 against soft enough opposition.

Anyone any thoughts?

I don't care but I pray you are right in your analysis... Hoping Fellaini scores low over the next few weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone any thoughts?

3 V 5= 5 wins every time,Johnson is the only one worth considering,brave move,a gamble but a sensible gamble

Ive gone with the extremely exciting move of Jääskeläinen to Ruddy this week freeing up a bit of extra cash! I made the move simply because i had 3 West Ham players in my team (McCartney and Nolan being the others) and Ruddy alternates well with my other keeper Begovic.
    Think I might join you in that move.

Ruddy - Begovic - Enrique - McCartney - Shorey

sounds better to me than

Jaaskelainen - Begovic - Enrique - Davies - Gorkks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Anyone any thoughts?

I think you will be sorry in the long run, look Felli is out for next weeks game but that gives you a chance to use someone else, no biggie unless you have no confidence whatsoever in your subs, he'll be back next week and as dangerous/prolific as ever, he'll probably be .5m more expensive when you want him back, Sunderland will probably draw 1-1 with Reading with some no name scoring.

I've decided to pick up an Arsenal striker till Christmas or so, will I go for Podolski or Giroud? At the moment I'm leaning towards the frenchman.

• Advertisement

Think I might join you in that move.

Ruddy - Begovic - Enrique - McCartney - Shorey

sounds better to me than

Jaaskelainen - Begovic - Enrique - Davies - Gorkks

I need to make some changes to my squad over the next few weeks after my horrific score this week so i need to make up some extra cash! Baines out will be on the cards too! McCartney Ive had from the start and has done well although if i didn't already have him id probably look at O'Brien instead for the same price...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I need to make some changes to my squad over the next few weeks after my horrific score this week so i need to make up some extra cash! Baines out will be on the cards too! McCartney Ive had from the start and has done well although if i didn't already have him id probably look at O'Brien instead for the same price...

I didn't see the game last night but from my occasional checking of the sky match report McCartney seemed to be involved quite a bit, he was mentioned as having put some good balls into the box etc. O'Brien scored his first EPL goal last night, whats the odds on him repeating it anytime soon. If big Sam keeps putting McCartney in his lineup I'd hold onto him, it's not like I'll ever use him much.

Podolski or Giroud? Anybody got words of wisdom for me, Arsenal have a fantastic schedule for the next while.

I didn't see the game last night but from my occasional checking of the sky match report McCartney seemed to be involved quite a bit, he was mentioned as having put some good balls into the box etc. O'Brien scored his first EPL goal last night, whats the odds on him repeating it anytime soon. If big Sam keeps putting McCartney in his lineup I'd hold onto him, it's not like I'll ever use him much.

Podolski or Giroud? Anybody got words of wisdom for me, Arsenal have a fantastic schedule for the next while.

Im looking at getting Arsenal cover in but i will be keeping an eye on Walcott over the next few weeks and not their strikers! For the sake of it though i would say go with Giroud though, he seems to have found some form and is their main man up front!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

roryc wrote: »
    Started 8 of the last 9 games, playing the full 90 in 7 of them. That's consistent enough for me. Clichy is a great player, well capable of getting an assist and I expect City's defence to keep tightening right up now.

No clean sheets all season then they pull 3 in their last 4. I'll be looking at bringing in Cuellar for the DGW then shipping him out after GW16 for Clichy (if he has started every game since). City's following 5 fixtures:

Gameweek 17 Newcastle (A)
    Gameweek 18 Reading (H)
    Gameweek 19 Sunderland (A)
    Gameweek 20 Norwich (A)
    Gameweek 21 Stoke City (H)

McAuley hasn't produced the goods after a solid start and for a similar price Clichy has much more to offer.

Clichy is a good shout im looking at him and enrique, to give me a back 3 of baines enrique clichy. By playing sterling every week(cost 4.5) and having another cheap 5th midfielder i have a few million to have a strong(on Paper) defence. I have two other cheap 4 mill defenders who start every week in case clichy is rotated. My team in a few weeks should be

Jaas Beg
    Clichy enrique baines (goorks Clyne)
    Sterling hazard Fellani santi (puncheon)
    rvp berba aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

dahat wrote: »
    3 V 5= 5 wins every time,Johnson is the only one worth considering,brave move,a gamble but a sensible gamble

It's not really 3 vs 5 though as most people will be able to field a sub midfielder for him this week(Michi in my case) so the net gain for bringing him would be 1 extra game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement