Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW13 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Hi all, I'm ;ooking for a bit of advice on my team. Had a decent week but want to be more consistent if I can. Was thinking of getting rid of Jassik as they have a tough scedule coming up and reinvesting the .5m somewhere else. Also Jenkinson I think has to go, not getting a sniff this weather. Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

Begovic/Jassik

Gallas, Riise, Rangel, Jenkinson, Bertrand

Sterling, Michu, Silva, Fellani, Hazard

Suarez, Ba and Tevez.

0.9 in the bank and 0 free transfers left. Thks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Your defense is a mess...

Jenkinson is done and you have lost a lot of cash by holding on to him. Should have gone weeks ago as soon as Sagna was back.

Bertrand is not consistent enough but seems to be getting a few games lately so can probably gamble on him due to his low price.

Rangel is shocking, get in a Sunderland defender.

Gallas is not worth 5m.

Forget about Jussi, sort out your defence... its a shambles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Currently

Schwarzer/Jussi

Gibbs/McCauley/Lowton/Reid/Ivanovic

Mata/Morrisson/Sterling/Noble/Pienaar

Ba/Tevez/RVP

I'm thinking Schwarzer -> Ruddy for this week then next week Lowton -> Gorkks or McCauley -> Ceullar to earn cash for Pienaar -> Fel?

Also plan to get Fletcher in for Ba to get him for the DGW?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

roryc wrote: »
    Your defense is a mess...

Jenkinson is done and you have lost a lot of cash by holding on to him. Should have gone weeks ago as soon as Sagna was back.

Bertrand is not consistent enough but seems to be getting a few games lately so can probably gamble on him due to his low price.

Rangel is shocking, get in a Sunderland defender.

Gallas is not worth 5m.

Forget about Jussi, sort out your defence... its a shambles!

Yeah thats what i figured. Was trying to get my midfield sorted for ages i neglected the back lads.

On that, Wisdom or Enrique I think might be OK. Will take your advice on getting in a Sunderland defender, any other names, Gorkuss maybe??

Di Matteo sacked, could make Chelsea players a bit wobbly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Di Matteo sacked, could make Chelsea players a bit wobbly.

If Terry becomes player-manager, it'll be a sight to watch.

Jax Teller wrote: »

He was only on the bench last week after a long trip to Panama with Spain midweek . If you're going to bench him you might aswell sell him

Selling him is not an option.

Hoping McAuley/Berbatov don't fall and Jose Enrique/Fletcher don't rise by Saturday. I have 0.1m room to manoeuvre but can't do the transfers this week without taking a points hit.Also want to keep a close eye on Berbs and Fletch this weekend... Next week I want to do:

Berbatov to Fletcher
    McAuley to Enrique/Clichy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

fpl13.png

I'm planning the boring option this week of Britton to Puncheon (starting instead of Clyne). Anyone else see extra/different transfers? 1.6million in bank.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    fpl13.png

I'm planning the boring option this week of Britton to Puncheon (starting instead of Clyne). Anyone else see extra/different transfers? 1.6million in bank.

Britton to Puncheon seems well thought-of but I'd urge you to upgrade Britton instead of moving sideways.

Edit: Also, maybe you could do something about Federici. Reading defenders/GK sounds like trouble to me. Any particular reason why you chose him?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Britton to Puncheon seems well thought-of but I'd urge you to upgrade Britton instead of moving sideways.

Thanks for the advice, I's always great to get other POVs. I think Puncheon IS an upgrade from Brittain, it's just that they share a similar price. I think he has his starting spot nailed down, is on form and has great fixtures. When I brought in Suarez in last week, I said I needed someone very cheap who I was happy starting when either Suarez, Michu or Felliani picks up a booking.

Honestly, Sterling and Maloney are the only other two players that are of any interest and that I can afford. I already have Suarez and Maloney has the exact same stats and assists as Puncheon (1 goal, 4 assists) despite playing almost 300 minutes more than Puncheon. Also, I REALLY need that 1.4 million for upcoming transfers.

The other idea is to just ship Felliani but there is noone for 8.9 that I want.

EDIT: Regarding Federici. Had him GW1 and Reading had DGW and rotated well with other keepers. I also had De Gea who was dropped and required more immediate replacement. Almost got rid of him 2 weeks ago right before it was announced McCarthy got injured. I think he might just get a clean sheet vs Wigan so will hold off for now :)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, I's always great to get other POVs. I think Puncheon IS an upgrade from Brittain, it's just that they share a similar price. I think he has his starting spot nailed down, is on form and has great fixtures. When I brought in Suarez in last week, I said I needed someone very cheap who I was happy starting when either Suarez, Michu or Felliani picks up a booking.

Honestly, Sterling and Maloney are the only other two players that are of any interest and that I can afford. I already have Suarez and Maloney has the exact same stats and assists as Puncheon (1 goal, 4 assists) despite playing almost 300 minutes more than Puncheon. Also, I REALLY need that 1.4 million for upcoming transfers.

The other idea is to just ship Felliani but there is noone for 8.9 that I want.

EDIT: Regarding Federici. Had him GW1 and Reading had DGW and rotated well with other keepers. I also had De Gea who was dropped and required more immediate replacement. Almost got rid of him 2 weeks ago right before it was announced McCarthy got injured. I think he might just get a clean sheet vs Wigan so will hold off for now :)

You might be pretty happy for the fact that Foster seems tipped at returning to action next gameweek.

The only few causes of concern I saw in your team were Clyne, Federici, Nelsen and Britton. The rest seems pretty good -- You can play around with the prices a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Hoping McAuley/Berbatov don't fall and Jose Enrique/Fletcher don't rise by Saturday. I have 0.1m room to manoeuvre but can't do the transfers this week without taking a points hit.Also want to keep a close eye on Berbs and Fletch this weekend... Next week I want to do:

Berbatov to Fletcher

I did McAuley to Enrique yesterday to avoid price rises.

Waiting till the end of the week to make a 2nd transfer but might hold off till next week and maybe do Ba - Fletcher and Valencia - Silva.

Valencia needs to prove himself this week, brought him in 3 weeks ago thinking he was going to burst into form but he has been an utter disappointment since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Red Flag removed from Gibbs and at 5.4 he looks a good swap for those with Mcauley who want rid....

dahat wrote: »
    Red Flag removed from Gibbs and at 5.4

I've been waiting for that! Thanks for the heads-up! :D ... It's a pity I can only do the transfer next gameweek. No FTs left.

Edit: Question: Who would you choose -- Gibbs or Sagna? Gibbs looks like a greater attacking threat to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    I've been waiting for that! Thanks for the heads-up! :D ... It's a pity I can only do the transfer next gameweek. No FTs left.

Edit: Question: Who would you choose -- Gibbs or Sagna? Gibbs looks like a greater attacking threat to me.

Gibbs all day long for me,was a big threat before he got injured.

Kept Gibbs all through his injury, not by choice though, had planned to dump him this week, but now I'll keep him. Lowton to Gorkks or McCauley to Ceullar (DGW soon) to earn cash for Pienaar to Felaini? Also, Schwarzer to Ruddy, is it a good move? I also have Jussi but he has a bad run coming.

Right now wouldn't be a good time to get him in, though. Partly because I don't have any free transfers and partly because I'm eyeing him for his gameweek 16 fixtures and there onwards till the end of the season.

08 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 16 West Brom (H)
    17 Dec 20:00 Gameweek 17 Reading (A)
    22 Dec 12:45 Gameweek 18 Wigan (A)
    26 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 19 West Ham (H)
    29 Dec 17:30 Gameweek 20 Newcastle (H)
    01 Jan 17:30 Gameweek 21 Southampton (A)

You reckon his price would rise before then?

Will he go straight back into the team though? They've conceded 7 goals in the last 3 games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I wouldn't get too excited about Gibbs at that price, there's plenty better value out there IMO, Arsenal have a great run of matches coming up though, so if he plays in all of them I could be very wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I've had Mertesacker for the last while. Do you reckon he's worth keeping for the time being?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

thunderdog wrote: »
    I've had Mertesacker for the last while. Do you reckon he's worth keeping for the time being?

I have him also and think he's worth holding onto, he's the best value in the Arsenal defence for sure, scored his first EPL goal at the weekend but he's always scored often enough for his previous clubs. Arsenal are a good team to own players from at the moment I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lome

Can someone tell me everyone wants Silva? They have a good few difficult fixtures coming up. I don't really understand why the fuss

Lome wrote: »
    Can someone tell me everyone wants Silva? They have a good few difficult fixtures coming up. I don't really understand why the fuss

I'd guess mostly for Man City cover if they don't have Tevez, plus he's one of the few who will be nailed on for most games.

I'm probably going to transfer Zabaleta to Enrique this week. Clichy has my eye as well but Liverpool have a decent set of games coming up I seem to recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Lome wrote: »

i brought him in last week, nice return straight away.

imo when on form hes a ff machine, city are starting to score and most likely score in every game and he will always be involved in their goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Will he go straight back into the team though? They've conceded 7 goals in the last 3 games...

Isn't Andre Santos injured? Not much choice beyond Gibbs.

keane2097 wrote: »

I don't suppose Wenger will select Santos again once Gibbs is fit. [No thanks to Santos' fantastic positional sense *rolls eyes*]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

keane2097 wrote: »

He's also utter rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Berbatov to Fletcher

Enrique, barring injury, will definitely rise. Fletcher hard to say. Bumper transfer activity on Friday and all that.

Personally considering getting in Silva for Santi for a hit (have to do soon, can't afford once Silva goes to 9.4), just have a feeling City might rip managerless Chelsea apart the weekend

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Enrique, barring injury, will definitely rise. Fletcher hard to say. Bumper transfer activity on Friday and all that.

Personally considering getting in Silva for Santi for a hit (have to do soon, can't afford once Silva goes to 9.4), just have a feeling City might rip managerless Chelsea apart the weekend

Given the Chelsea fiasco would Mata -> Silva be a wise move? Especially in the long term?

Advertisement