Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW13 Transfers

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

2 FTs and .6 in the bank.

Any ideas?

65e205d945acb6224e31fbd744414893.png?1353701782

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

honeybear wrote: »

Cheers Lemlin
    Keepers are begovic & federici

I'd go with Caulker then because you have Stoke cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Need rid of Ben Arfa . Leaning towards Morrison or Nolan . Any thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Any ideas?

Nelson to Cuellar? Sunderland have 4 home games in the next 4 GWs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

going to keep my transfer, two gw's in one week i predict someone big will be rested,injured this week.

might downgrade augero to tevez and bring in saurez for berbatov for gw 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Any ideas?

Cazorla and Ba to Silva and Giroud, then over the next week do Jussi and Lambert to Tremmel and Fletcher. Probably very marginal moneywise and just what I'd do but is 1 option.

Decided to save one of my 2 FTs so going with the exciting S.Taylor to Caulker transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Cazorla and Ba to Silva and Giroud, then over the next week do Jussi and Lambert to Tremmel and Fletcher. Probably very marginal moneywise and just what I'd do but is 1 option.

This would be a good idea if you were trying to weaken his team!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

This would be a good idea if you were trying to weaken his team!! :D

Just my opinion Josephs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thinking about getting in Sessegnon,he has been quiet enough this season but surely his goal against Fulham last week will have raised the confidence and with a nice run of games coming up he could be one to watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jax Teller wrote: »
    The lads on the Fantasy Football Scout podcast made some good points on keeping Baines in your team . They said he has created the most chances out of any player in the Fpl .

Worth a listen if you have the time .

Thats a straight out lie according to Opta. Suarez has taken more than twice as many touches in the oppositions penalty box than the next player closest to him (who still isnt Baines, its Fellaini). So unless Baines is creating a lot of long range chances, I wouldnt believe them.
    Besides, look at Suarez last year, he created more chances than everyone by far but unless someone is finishing them, its not going to result in points.

miller82 wrote: »
    ye i'm the exact same. I just want to get rid of Baines

Get someone else then. Maybe a Stoke defender? Or even a cheap Norwich one? Enrique could be back on the bench in a few games when Lucas returns and Gerrard will likely be moved right wing, Sterling back to the left and nowhere for Enrique to go.

Thats a straight out lie according to Opta. Suarez has taken more than twice as many touches in the oppositions penalty box than the next player closest to him (who still isnt Baines, its Fellaini). So unless Baines is creating a lot of long range chances, I wouldnt believe them.
    Besides, look at Suarez last year, he created more chances than everyone by far but unless someone is finishing them, its not going to result in points.

Take it up with them .

They said the criteria was chances that lead to an attempt on goal .

Take it up with them .

They said the criteria was chances that lead to an attempt on goal .

Thats like saying Begovic has created the most chances because his long kick outs to tall players lead to chances that lead to an attempt on goal. Flimsiest criteria I've ever heard.

I have the table in front of me can't post it but its like this

Baines 50
    Cazorla 38
    Suarez 34
    Pienaar 33
    Gerard 30
    Silva 28
    Hazard 27
    Lambert 26
    Mata 26

More than double the nearest defender .

Silva is surprisingly high considering he's played so little

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Baines 50
    Cazorla 38
    Suarez 34
    Piebald 33
    Gerard 30
    Silva 28
    Hazard 27
    Lambert 26
    Mata 26

Just shows Silvas potential. Who is Piebald?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Baines 50
    Cazorla 38
    Suarez 34
    Piebald 33
    Gerard 30
    Silva 28
    Hazard 27
    Lambert 26
    Mata 26

To be honest I'm more worried about points conversion than chances created.

I dropped Baines because of a poor run of points scoring. He's a huge price for a defender in a team that aren't keeping clean sheets at the minute.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Meant to be Pienaar . Stupid iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Ha i was wondering how i had missed this Piebald fella and was Googling him and all i was getting was Piebald Ponys :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Steel Dog wrote: »

I absolutely hate the use of nicknames/pet names some people use for payers on this forum but as they go Piebald is fairly good!:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

After doing Britton to yesterday, I decided to sell Foster and bring in Mignolet.

My hits are normally for more explosive players but my combination of Federici (patchy fixtures, 4 games away in next 5 and United at home) and Foster (injured until possibly mid December) meant that I was going to be fretting my keeper choice for a month. 4 points in exchance for peace of mind in the gk position. I'll take that.

A Sunderland cleanie will set my week up. Still not convinced about their attact. You don't play 10 men teams missing their best CB every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

No transfers for me this week. Risky as I'm not that happy with my team but I can attack the midweek fixtures now.
    Begovic

Sagna Rafael Hughes Cuelllar

Pienaar Cazorla Mata

RvP Tevez Berbatov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Benimar wrote: »
    Skippy44 wrote: »

Good options. I did go out last night though. And I did get very drunk. And I am only waking up now. Don't think I made any of those transfers. I'm afraid to log on to check.

Here's that article about Baines I was getting my info from FFS members area couldn't copy from there .

But here's another source

http://www.eplindex.com/22172/baines-leads-comparison-europes-creators.html

I don't have him but if I did it i wouldn't be worried about clean sheets . I'd be looking at his potential for attacking returns .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Benimar wrote: »

Cuellar just conceded 4 today.

• Advertisement

Could be time to ditch RVP. Sick of pitiful returns from such an expensive player. Doubly so because you enevitably end up captaining him and lose out elsewhere.

Could be time to ditch RVP. Sick of pitiful returns from such an expensive player. Doubly so because you enevitably end up captaining him and lose out elsewhere.

Ive just come home to a score of seven bloody teen after my dismal score of 33 last week im not to optimistic for this week now either! Captain RVP with another massive 4 point haul for the second week on the trot! Hes got one more chance next week and then he is gone if he doesn't produce!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Ive just come home to a score of seven bloody teen after my dismal score of 33 last week im not to optimistic for this week now either! Captain RVP with another massive 4 point haul for the second week on the trot! Hes got one more chance next week and then he is gone if he doesn't produce!
    If it's any consolation I've massive 16!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Aguero or tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Aguero or tevez

Aguero all the way, I got Giroud in last week and I'm gonna try to be patient with him thru Arsenal's easy run but after that Kun is top of my shopping list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Jussi/Ruddy
    Cuellar/Enrique/McAuley/Cameron/Hangeland
    Kightly/Cazorla/Noble/Pienaar/Valencia
    RVP/Tevez/Berbatov

Wildcard time???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Wouldnt say wildcard time, you've got some solid options in goals, defence, a high scoring attack aswell.

Midfield is the obvious area I would look at if I were you - Valencia out for sure, he doesnt score enough goals, does assist a decent number but he;s overpriced for me. I'd look to raise cash by getting Pienaar and/or Kightly out, then upgrade Valencia to any number of better midfielders.....Silva/Mata/Bale or even Hazard are achievable options if you raise smart money.

I'd even rather Theo Walcott over Valencia and both are the same price....Valencia has 31 pts from 798 minutes played. Walcott has 44 pts from 422 minutes played.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Valencia was brought in in expectation of 2 big hauls against QPR and Reading......backfired majorly. Think I'll have to drop 4 points this week at least.

Valencia is overpriced for me, he poses little goal threat. Pienaar wouldnt interest me either tbh.

Another thing I've just noticed, Clint Dempsey is priced at 9.1m! Bloody Nora!

Santi101 wrote: »
    Valencia is overpriced for me, he poses little goal threat. Pienaar wouldnt interest me either tbh.

Another thing I've just noticed, Clint Dempsey is priced at 9.1m! Bloody Nora!

Look at Dempsey's returns last year if you're looking for the reason!

That was a fluke season though, he's average as hell. He wouldnt have got near that at Fulham this year, never mind moving to a better team with more competition.

Cant believe anyone would actually pick him at that price, crazy!

Look at Dempsey's returns last year if you're looking for the reason!

Dempsey is wasted at Spurs same goes for Sigurdsson, neither are being utilised the same way they were at their former clubs so haven't reached anywhere near the heights they did last season! Should have both come to Liverpool where they could have shined :rolleyes: They were both FF gold last year!

To be honest there's no good reason why Dempsey can't pile up a big score this year if he can stay in the team, he's being used in an advanced role similar enough to last year, he missed the start of the season as well so he should have more points, I certainly don't see any value in him at the moment but after christmas he could be.
    As a Spurs supporter myself I expected great things from Siggi, again I wouldn't completely lose hope on him, when he plays he shoots a lot, goals will come but at that price I wouldn't go near him.
    For both of them if Spurs go on a run and they are regular starters they could score big points, big IF though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Cue Dempsey points

going to keep my transfers this week, il have3 for next weekend going to change a few things around to get saurez in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

going to keep my transfers this week, il have3 for next weekend going to change a few things around to get saurez in.

haha how exactly will you have 3

No you won't. The maximum you can have at any one time is 2. May as well use one this week.

didnt know that at all taught you could save them lol ah well you learn something new everyday..

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Spurs midfield is a minefield really bar Bale. You just can't be sure who will start. Dembele will be back starting within the next two weeks which will impact Dempsey/Siggy. Dembele looks a steal at 5.9 if he becomes nailed on.

didnt know that at all taught you could save them lol ah well you learn something new everyday..

You'll still be able to do the same thing by making one before next gameweek, Nothing for Suarez today but he'll continue to pick up good points.

Ice87 wrote: »
    Spurs midfield is a minefield really bar Bale. You just can't be sure who will start. Dembele will be back starting within the next two weeks which will impact Dempsey/Siggy. Dembele looks a steal at 5.9 if he becomes nailed on.

I'd fancy Dembele to play almost every game when fit but the competition will be mental when Parker is back also, Dempsey will also play almost every match, Sandro has been very good, Huddlestone also when he's played. Lennon is also settled in the team, no room for Siggi until he scores a few goals.

Dembele won't get forward terribly much unfortunately, otherwise he would be great value.

Bale is a weapon though and well worth the price.

You'll still be able to do the same thing by making one before next gameweek, Nothing for Suarez today but he'll continue to pick up good points.

true..

im thinking of downgrading augero to tevez to get him in and replacing berbatov with saurez. Im doing pretty well atm top of all my money leagues and the boards united thread but i feel saurez is a must have! Might just give augero one last chance against wigan during the week though!

people writing off rvp is hilarious, only a matter of time before he runs the show again lads.:)

Dembele is priced well but I wouldnt want him in all honesty. He cant shoot, not a big scorer. Nolan is a little higher price and will get 10 goals over the season.

Suppose everyone will be captaining RVP for West Ham and Reading LOL! I'm definitely keeping him anyway, but might chance the captaincy for just one of those games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement