Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abusive Mod in Limerick Forum

Options
  • 17-11-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Is it acceptable to be told to **** off by a mod?
    The same mod who edited the remark to feck and gave the reason as "spelling".
    How many posters a day are banned for language Reasons?
    Obviously there are 2 sets of rules.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Have you discussed this with the moderator via PM.

As the OP hasn't been banned or infracted could this thread please be moved to the helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

Have you discussed this with the moderator via PM.

As the OP hasn't been banned or infracted could this thread please be moved to the helpdesk.
    Yes but it seems as I had no reply he feels telling me to **** off and covering it all up including deleting posts is more important.

Getting back to your original question, I don't feel it appropriate for a moderator or anyone else to use such language on the site. This was highlighted to the moderator immediately after we [the CMods] read the report. The moderator subsequently edited the post to remove the offensive word. There was no name calling or personal abuse so that's the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned.

While you're here I'd like to highlight that out of a relatively low post count you've managed to earn 10 infractions and 3 forum bans. To be frank, I'm fairly sure that I would have permanently removed your access to a forum I moderate at this stage. Moderators volunteer their time to moderate the site and it's greatly appreciated, we won't accept them wasting it on time-sinks.

Could this thread be marked as closed please. It's been over 4 days now with no further reply and the OP is active on the site.

gihj, PM me if you have something further to add.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement