Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned by "yop" for answering a question.

Options
  • 17-11-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I have been banned for 6 months for answering a question in the interior design section.

The original poster asked for recommendations of a designer and I said I do a lot of carpentry and design so might be able to offer some ideas and also could dig out the number of a designer my company used to use.

I feel like I was inappropriately banned and it seemed to be more of a show of "power" then an actual benefit to boards.ie.

I had been given a warning prior to this by "yop" when someone asked about how two different types of wood would look together and I said they should download "google sketchup" and if they needed help using it they could message me.

Im not too sure what the rules are in that section but the two times I responded to questions I got a warning and a ban for both. Is "Yop" the only person that can answer questions in this section??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi slpower01,

I'll have a look at this and get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks

Micky

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Still havent heard anything back in regards to this ban, Maybe Mickey forgot about it??

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

slpower01 wrote: »
    Still havent heard anything back in regards to this ban, Maybe Mickey forgot about it??

Hi slpower,

My apologises, I had thought I sent you a second PM. Looks like I didn't.

It is forth coming. We should have this wrapped up by the new week hopefully.

Thanks

Micky

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

This has been resolved, Thanks for the help,
    Steven.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement