Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rubber seals in window

• 17-11-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

hi,
    theres something up with the window in the back bedroom, if i'm in there at night i can hear outside (as if a normal window was left slightly open) but the frame seems to be fine. i'm thinking it might be the rubber seal on the bit of the window which opens. is this easy to replace and where would i get the materials needed??
    thanks

Comments

what kind of window is it? Does it have a locking mechanism like this with the little barrel like bits at either end.

If it does you can adjust those little barrels by using an allen key. They rotate 360 degrees, but not in a circle. They rotate in an oval. It allows you to control how tight or loose the window is to close.

maco%20rail%20window%20lock.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thanks dacor, kinda looks like what we have, i'll have a look at that when i go home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭kitser

its usually the hinges are closing tight and need to be replaced, there'll be a small gap on the hinge side top or bottom when the window is shut

Advertisement