Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AVI picture through Philips DVD player is in black and white

• 17-11-2012 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

Was watching Breaking Bad season 1 in my sisters DVD player last night, the television is a Thomson HD Ready model and the dvd player is a Philips player with a USB connection. I put season 1 and 2 of breaking bad on a usb stick, but after watching 3 episodes of season one the picture is in black and white while it plays in colour through the PC, the picture also plays in a compressed format with bars to the side of the picture, no amount of zooming on any of the remotes will make the picture wider. How do I get the picture to play in colour? Any help will be much appreciated and mods if this is the wrong forum please feel free to move it to the correct one.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I have been Googling about this and some of the reports suggest that what I have maybe is NTSC video files whilst the video equipment is PAL, does anyone know how to correct this, where we can watch the video files in colour and in wide screen as opposed to the compressed smaller screen we are getting.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement