Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Striker in league

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

wooooooo

• Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭EEm

whoooo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Sure he ll be at city in january

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

14645747.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

in before the lock.
    You mean top goalscorer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Goals aren't the only factor in determining the best striker in the league.

It is only November also.

Last season he only scored 11 PL goals.

RVP is clearly better.

This will surely be locked imminently.

Goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Enjoy it's the only top of a table you'll be relating to for a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

..is probably Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Bebe.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    14645747.jpg

Thread needs more Nature Boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Rooney, RVP, Aguero, Tevez are all better than Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Rooney, RVP, Aguero, Tevez are all better than Suarez.

Dzecko as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Dzecko as well.

You're a Liverpool fan, you're supposed to blindly defend him and call me biased :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Watch Giroud climb that table as the season progresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

suarez is a better player than those mentioned, better goalscorer debatable but put tevez or rooney in the current liverpool team and see how well they do......

suarez is completely carrying liverpool, scoring, creating chances, tackling back, defending, playing winger when needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

At least this is one of the better threads on boards soccer forum. No mention of a pub yet though. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

The top scorer chart is our cup final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Watch Giroud climb that table as the season progresses.
    Definately the most cleverest centre forward ive seen in awhile, he could be a huge hit in the Prem Lge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah, an inane argument!! What Saturday nights are made for!

rossie1977 wrote: »
    suarez is a better player than those mentioned, better goalscorer debatable but put tevez or rooney in the current liverpool team and see how well they do......

I'll say it again, Rooney, RVP, Aguero, Tevez are better players than Suarez. Suarez has amazing technique but those guys are better in every other department. Rooney and RVP have carried teams before. Tevez has dragged City too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

rossie1977 wrote: »

suarez is completely carrying liverpool, scoring, creating chances, tackling back, defending, playing winger when needed

He's not a better player than Rooney. You could debate that he's a better goalscorer but Rooney did outscore him when they both played as strikers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Goals aren't the only factor in determining the best striker in the league.
    Indeed, and if you actually watched Suarez, you would see that his work rate is incredible. He tracks back, he wins the ball, he creates chances out of nothing, etc.

Based on form this season, Suarez has been the best striker in the Premier League. There has been no question of that so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Indeed, and if you actually watched Suarez, you would see that his work rate is incredible. He tracks back, he wins the ball, he creates chances out of nothing, etc.

Based on form this season, Suarez has been the best striker in the Premier League. There has been no question of that so far.

A certain Mr. Van Persie who's been scoring consistently for a team in the top 2 of the league would beg to differ.

I've seen plenty of Suarez, thanks. I've seen enough to know that Suarez scoring 10 goals doesn't make him the best striker in the PL. He is going through a run of good form and is a good player, but isn't on the level of other players already mentioned.

EDIT - If you want to look a little further, we can see that Suarez chance conversion rate is actually very mediocre compared to other top strikers. Taking simple figures from ESPN, before today's round of fixtures -

Suarez - 8 goals, 2 assists, had 65 shots
    RVP - 8 goals, 4 assists, had 34 shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Liam O wrote: »
    A certain Mr. Van Persie who's been scoring consistently for a team in the top 2 of the league would beg to differ.
    Suarez - 10 goals.
    RVP - 8 goals.

Suarez has also been more impressive this season, he's dragged Liverpool out of the sh!t more times than I care to admit.

Suarez - 10 goals.
    RVP - 8 goals.

Suarez has also been more impressive this season, he's dragged Liverpool out of the sh!t more times than I care to admit.

Before today's fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is there a table for the best divers in the league? He'd top that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

I've seen plenty of Suarez, thanks. I've seen enough to know that Suarez scoring 10 goals doesn't make him the best striker in the PL. He is going through a run of good form and is a good player, but isn't on the level of other players already mentioned.

EDIT - If you want to look a little further, we can see that Suarez chance conversion rate is actually very mediocre compared to other top strikers. Taking simple figures from ESPN, before today's round of fixtures -

Suarez will be something else then when he improves his strike rate so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Ashley Young is a better diver.

N.B, you obviously haven't been watching Suarez over the last few weeks.

Well you have 3 league wins so its clearly not that often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He hardly would though, he is ****e at it, he has never even won a pen from diving, it's definetly a part of his game he can improve in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »

A better dribbler than Silva, Hazard, Nani? I don't think so. RVP is also anything but a poacher. You clearly haven't watched him over the last 3 year's or so

Also if RVP adds nothing else, how come he has more assists than Suarez this year? Or is RVP 'beating him at his own game?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

1342004753_double_facepalm_gag.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

How many of those chances did Suarez create for himself and how many did RVP create for himself? As a goalscorer RVP is better but I think all round Suarez is better. The 2 have been the best players in the league this year imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

hefferboi wrote: »
    As a goalscorer RVP is better but I think all round Suarez is better.

Strikers are rated on how many goals they score? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Strikers are rated on how many goals they score? :/

And Suarez is top scorer at the moment but I think rvp is a better finisher

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement