Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone Town

Options
  • 17-11-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Just wondering, what are the roughest places in the town? Just wondering so I can avoid them if possible for accommodation next year! Could some 3rd or 4th years reply because they know the story! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paulgeog

Willow Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

paulgeog wrote: »
    Willow Park!

Shame to see it gone so bad. That's what social housing will do to a place I guess.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Is another thread really needed on this?

Is Athlone Rough?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 zoeenya

The college is right beside Willow Park. If you wanna avoid rough places, do not go to Athlone IT. I am a native of Athlone, I avoid that college because of its situation!!! Go else where!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Ah here now calm down, it ain't that bad, I'm just finishing my 3rd year and although willow is a rough place it seems to be fairly contained in there, i.e. if your not in there you'll think the town and college is grand.
    The college has a nice feel to it and there's a real everyone knows everyone kind of feel.
    I'd tell anyone thinking about going to AIT to go for it!

Also she has her mind made up at this stage :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

zoeenya wrote: »
    The college is right beside Willow Park. If you wanna avoid rough places, do not go to Athlone IT. I am a native of Athlone, I avoid that college because of its situation!!! Go else where!!!!!

Maybe you could avoid this forum aswell and stop putting down our town.

Please move if you hate it so much :)

Advertisement